March 31, 2006

hunks, freak accidents n life in general....

Currently listening to : Delta Goodrem - Fragile

I was really bored n stressed yesterday, so while I was in Giant Hypermarket where my sister wanted to buy a revision book, I spotted the latest issue of CLEO mag n i ended up persuading my sister to buy it. Before u say anything else, I DO NOT read CLEO every month....i think this is the first time in about a year that I picked up this magazine...what was really interesting about this issue was that it was the issue with the 50 (supposedly!!!) "Most Eligible Bachelors" in Malaysia.

I was flipping through the magazine to "cuci mata" (hey, I paid...no actually my sister paid for the mag) and to make fun of the bachelors, when I found out that some of these guys aren't even "eligible" anymore. My cousin said that one of them is a closet gay and one actually has a girlfriend. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the last time I heard, someone who has a girlfriend isn't an "eligible" bachelor anymore now, is he? And some of these guys are pretty vain...when asked how to describe themselves, some of these guys use words like "talented" and "cute". Mind u, it's a bit weird to hear a guy to describe himself as "cute". i mean, even girls don't describe themselves as cute....and some of the things that these "hunks" are scared of made me laughed out loud....seriously, I did. One guy was scared of taking a ride on the roller-coasters (which is bad, because I adore going on roller-coasters!!!! n this guy is one of the hottest of the bachelors n my fav out of the 50!), one guy was afraid of creepy crawlies, one was afraid of commitment but this one fella came up with the best answer...he was afraid of CREDIT CARDS!!!! Weird but true....

While we're on the subject of weird things, I was reading the newspaper today n the news on the front page was pretty freaky. This guy, Mr. Joseph Chan, a general manager for some company, was killed because his head got struck by a helicopter's whirling rotor blades. That is really scary...and the paper said some reporter saw something that might have been the deceased brain (!!!) on the grass near the copter. This guy left behind a wife and a 10-year-old daughter. I pity the daughter. I mean, how would u feel knowing that your dad died because he got hit by the blades of the copter? If it was me, I would be traumatised every time I hear the sound of a helicopter. But I guess that's life...things like this do happen.

These kind of accidents make me really scared. I mean, I am a chronic klutz and I know I will fall down everytime I get out of the house. I mean, I once fell and torn my ligament in August last year....worse week of my life! I had the experience of going around in a wheelchair that day I tore my ligament n it was a very humbling experience. People literally look down on you n they sometimes look at u with pity in their eyes.And to go to the toilet....OH MY GOD!!!!!!! it was torturous!!!! My feet were hurting like hell n I wanted to cry from the pain inflicted when i want to shift from the wheelchair to the toilet seat! And the song that comes to my mind now is the song I'm listening to - Fragile by Delta Goodrem. So anyways, after that day, I have the utmost respect for people that are wheelchair-bound. I mean think about it, when we walk in a crowd, we can squeeze through people n they won't even notice, but when a person in a wheelchair tries to move through, people will give them the evil stares or the pity stares. Ok, I think i better stop talking about this before i make myself sound like some religious preacher. I guess what I'm trying to say is be grateful with what u have n that we should be a bit more considerate when we see people who are disabled.

I know this is a pretty weird entry, but whatever, it's my blog...I can talk crap n no one would care....

XOXOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com