April 29, 2007

The friendster+superficiality+perfection+image effect

I'm procrastinating right now.

I'm supposed to be doing all of my assignments, but I got bored and I started surfing the net and I ended up at everyone's favourite cam-whoring and self-promoting site, Friendster. I peeked a look at my friends' pages, and I realised that we've all (myself included) been sucked into this Friendster phenomenon where almost all of the pictures we post are pictures that we posed for, be it in a cute pose, emo pose, sexy pose or whatever, but we still strike poses. Take myself, as an example. These are some of my pictures on Friendster:





I'm ashamed to say this, but I edited the first photo to make it look prettier. And even the second photo was not a candid one, because we betulkan our hair first and stuff before taking the picture. I realised that on Friendster, perfection is everything. If you want people to look at your profile, put up a superimposed picture of yourself, such as my first picture, where people will actually look at you and think that you're attractive, because I am not attractive. Hahahaha. Superficiality+perfection rules when you're online. Seriously.


Oh yeah, and I realised that I can never post up candid pictures such as these on Friendster...





...because people will just think that I'm weird. As if I'm not weird enough.

I've realised that nowadays, image is everything. I remembered in school, where they don't care about what we do, as long as the school's image is not tarnished. And we can't do bad things because it will affect our parents' good image, or worse, our grandparents image. We have to study hard because if we get straight A's, parents will look good in everyone's eyes. Like I said, everything is about image. So if you have a bad image, you're screwed.

Oh yeah, going back to Friendster, I wonder what people will think if I post up this picture:



It is very interesting, is it not? ;)

1 comment:

  1. it's all about the POSE, dah-ling~

    you gotta look like a mil bucks to look like star that we all are, baby.

    geez. i suck sounding like a hollywood veteran diva of the '50s XD

    hello you! *waves frantically*

    random msg. ^_^

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com