July 5, 2009

Numbers =)

Warning: a Really nerdy post. Thou has been warned.

Anyways, I stumbled upon THIS article yesterday, and I couldn't help but smile and got excited, too.

And then I realised that i like numbers in general. They fascinate me, which is why I don't mind doing Accounting and Econometrics as my majors because they basically revolve around numbers (although in Econometrics I'm starting to see more symbols than numbers, which is kinda scary).

I know some people who shudder at the thought of numbers and calculations, but I absolutely love doing calculations.

Like, when I'm on the road, I'll subconsciously start adding up the numbers in the number plate in front of me so that I'll get a nice single digit in the end. Say, if the car's number plate 8467, I'll add all the numbers up, 8+4+6+7 = 25 and then i'll add 2 and 5 up so that the end number is a single digit (which is 7, in this case).

And after that I'll start thinking, 7 isn't really a nice number cause I like even numbers better. Hahahaha.

Yes, I do that subconsciously while I'm driving. A bit scary when you think about it.

I guess I can blame my mum for that cause she taught me this back when I was really young so that I'll have something to keep me occupied when we were stuck in traffic jams.

I guess old habits die hard? Lol.

Oh, while we're on this subject, I think the numbers 3, 6 and 9 are really interesting.

I think everyone knows that if you take a figure, say 441, and you see that when you add up all these numbers, these numbers will add up to 9 (4+4+1), then you know you can divide 441 by 9, right?

But I also figured out that if say all the numbers in a figure adds up to 3, 6 0r 9, then you can actually divide these figures by 3. Try taking any figure, and if the numbers add up to 3, 6 or 9, then the figure can be divided by 3.

Also right, if you take an even number that adds up to 3, 6 or 9, then that number can be divided by 6. Like, 144 adds up to 9, but because it's an even number you can divide it by 6, too.

See how my mind works? I can see patterns in numbers. Hahaha.

I don't know why I think of all these things, though.

Don't worry, I'm not posting any more funny calculations/numerical nonsense that'll make you guys go what the heck is wrong with this girl? cause it'll just confuse you guys (and me, too!)

So yeah, that's basically something that I've never told anybody before, cause my weirdness level will so go up in people's books. Lol. I mean, imagine going around saying "I love numbers!!!"

Oh yeah, I can see some people hiding already.......

Okay la, just wanted to post that down. I'm off!

Love loads! =)

PS: In case you guys were wondering, yes, I do watch Numbers on AXN. No surprise there, right? :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com