January 13, 2010

Musings.

I had soooo much fun over the weekend.

Went for the "Da Vinci - The Genius" exhibition at the Pusat Sains Negara with Natcho and Yana and I was so thoroughly amazed by how much this one man had done in his lifetime. They didn't bring in any of his arts, but there was one section of the exhibition that was dedicated to just the Mona Lisa. The number of inventions that this man made in his lifetime is astounding. He basically thought up the original parachute, the prototype of the modern car and helicopters, made war machines, set the foundations for drawing the human body and lots of other stuff.

It's amazing how one man can think of all this things. Makes me feel that we who live in this modern world are so inadequate compared to him. Yes, i am in awe. And I realised that I actually like going to museum to look at all these exhibitions. Some of them can be quite interesting. I might start making more trips to museums in the future. LOL.

After that, we went for karaoke/lunch at
Red Box Plus in Pavilion. Felt like it wasn't such a bad deal to spend around RM32 per person since we haven't seen each other in ages and we got to use the room for close to three hours and we got buffet lunch at that. Food was so-so, but we had sooooooooooo much fun singing.

I felt a bit greedy though. I wanted to sing on all the songs. So basically my routine was sing one verse, eat one bite, continue singing. Repeat till end of song.

Took me forever to finish off my food! Tu la. Tamak lagi. Padan muka, Alia.

But I realise that I really love singing, but only with people that I'm comfortable enough with. So if I've started melalak-ing in front of you, whoever you may be, that means I'm comfortable enough with you. LOL.

OH, by the way, Liyana Samlan and I (I really have to start giving nicknames to my friends. It's hard when I have two really close friends by the name of Liyana!) went to Great Eastern Mall the other day for dinner after work, where she took me to
Penang Village.

OMG. I absolutely FELL IN LOVE with the place.

The decor is so minimalist and it looks sooooooo pretty. The view pun quite nice. And the food is around RM10 to RM15 per dish, which is a bit pricey, but okay la for that sort of setting.

And they have the best bandung cincau cause it's so pink, but it's not sweet. Just the way I like it. =)

Will definitely tarik someone to go with me there one day. I don't care who. Lol.

Oh yeah. Let’s talk a bit about work.

I’m into Week 7 now, and I have 4 more weeks to go!!!! Omg. I can’t wait for the internship to end.

But actually right, halfway through it now, i realise that auditing might not be so bad after all. But I’m still not sure whether I want to do it as a profession later on. My mind’s still leaning towards the “DO NOT BECOME AN AUDITOR” thoughts, though. Lol.

The other day I was telling Sham that I didn’t want to be an auditor after I graduate from Monash.

And then he said something that completely surprised me and made me feel so much better.

He told me that his senior was impressed with the working paper that my senior and I have done for our interim audit cause ours looked neat and organized and thick. Yep. Not the most environmentally-friendly, but definitely hardworking twosome. Lol.

And somehow that made me feel sooooo much better, knowing that there are people who are impressed with the work that my senior and I have done. =)

Oh, and I seriously feel like I’m being spoilt by my senior cause she never lets me go home past 6.30 pm. There was one day when I had to help her and had to stay in the office until 7.30, and she was asking me “Are you sure you can stay? You don’t mind?”

So yeah, while some of the other interns sometimes only get to go back at like 8 or 9 or 10 plus, I’m usually gone by 7.45 the latest. And usually when I’m in the office, she even lets me go back at 5.30 sharp. LOL.

But I guess it also helps that I am competent when it comes to using Microsoft Excel, cause usually when she gives me a task, I can finish it off by the end of the day. Hence why sometimes I still have time to go on fb while in the office. Lol.

And she doesn’t treat me like I’m incompetent and she helps me when I don’t understand the work I’m doing. Now that I think about it, this is the second senior that I’ve had that’s been helpful. Yeah, I do feel lucky right now cause some of the interns got scary seniors that expects the intern to know everything.

So yeah, nice seniors make going to work a little bit better. Haha.

But I am so ready to go back to being a student. Joining the workforce permanently can wait for another few months. I’m in no hurry.

OH, but talking about going back to becoming a student, I can only take ONE unit next semester. 4 hours of classes out of a possible 13, so yes, I will be VERY free next semester.

And Liyana came up with the most brilliant idea.

She suggested that I try asking our Econometrics lecturer whether it's possible for me to work as a research assistant.

And I'm actually seriously thinking about it, you know.

I mean, rather than me going to Monash and wasting my time doing nothing, I might as well use this opportunity to see whether I want to workin the Econometrics field or the accounting field after I graduate.

So yeah. We'll see how things go.

Funny how I might end up doing something totally different than what I'm currently doing at work.

Okiedokes. Need to get back to work. LOL.

Using my lunch hour to write this post. Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com