July 1, 2010

Work, work, work. =)

I'm writing this post while I'm working. LOL.

I just got a pay raise for my RA work (which I've continued after the exams) last week and I'm so happy!!! I can't tell you how much though, but some people already know how much I'm getting (yes, I know you guys think it's unfair. Sorry!). Lol.

What happened was last week I went to my lecturer, and she asked me "How much are you getting paid?" And when i told her she was like "Oh, we're paying this person this and this, so you should be getting that much too."

So yes, I AM SO THRILLED because now I'm getting more than last time, even though the work load is about the same. But I've been a bit busy this past week because I had to help out with the notes and exercises for the workshop.

Oh apparently it is now very obvious to people when I'm under stress or angry. Like yesterday, I was a bit stressed because I was trying to finish off the notes and pack the notes into files and whatnot. And then I saw my senior while I was running everywhere and he looked at me and said "Your forehead gets red when you're stressed, doesn't it? Don't stress la, you'll do fine." And then he laughed and pat my back. Stupid strawberry mark on the forehead. -___-

Today and tomorrow, my job is to facilitate my lecturer for a workshop that she's conducting. I have to be here at 8 in the morning and go back around 6 (which is a bit tiring), but I'm getting free breakfast, free mid-morning snacks, free lunch and free tea break for the next two days and I'm getting paid to just sit and listen to the lecture (which I have gone through in my second year, lol).

When I told Liyana about the pay raise and the workshop, she was a bit envious because she said that I was "gonna be paid to become smarter." Which is true, I guess. Hahaha.

But I have to start finding a permanent job, and I am so not looking forward to that right now because I still do not know what I want to do in the long run. Haih.

Oh yeah. Wani is so happy about our upcoming UK trip that everyday she'll come to me and say "Kakya, 19 more days" or how many more days to our UK trip, so I know for a fact that we'll be leaving for UK in 16 days from today. LOL.

Oh yeah, while we're on the subjects of my siblings, Zara came up to me yesterday so excitedly and said "Kakya, for my Mini Sukan at school I'm gonna be picking up the trash!!!"

And I'm like, "Ermmmmmmmmm, that's good?"

Picking up trash. And she's excited. Hmmm. Oh well.

Okiedokes. Better get back to listening now. Later!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com