January 11, 2008

First week at work, and I am going nuts.

Not because I am bombarded with work, but because I've been idling and doing nothing most of the time at work.

I'm damn pissed.

I get to the office around 8.15 everyday and only go back at like 5.45, yet I'll only have like 3 hours worth of work to be done. When I ask if there's anything else that I could help them with, they're like "Ada, tapi the work's too technical la" and give me a sort of I'm-sorry-for-you smile. Blargh.

And so I start to wonder why I'm even in the office in the first place.

I hate being looked at as incompetent and I hate being useless.

I don't want to be paid for doing nothing.

Anis, meanwhile, has too much work, so since I got nothing to do, I went to help her out with some company forms that she had to update. And everyone knows that I'm sitting idly in the office, so next Monday my aunt said that I don't have to go into my office and just stay in Anis's office because my aunt has some work for me to do.

Oh, and in the week that we've been in the office, Anis and I have been quite spooked out.

Not by ghosts, but by men.

There's this engineer who kinda stares at Anis and I when we walk by him (and I'm not perasan, because Anis notices it too) and we're like "Whatever" because maybe he's like all those guys who think that girls don't notice that they are staring intently. And seriously, it was so obvious that the guy is looking at us.

You know what the scariest part was? We found out that this guy is actually MARRIED.

Oh yeah,
MARRIED.

And the way he stares at us is bloody scary. Hello mister, I'm not blind, okay?

We also found out that almost all of the male engineers there are married. And these are the guys that wanted Anis and I to play futsal with them (I think the offer is still open).

Oh, and I found out from a co-worker that apparently some of the married engineers are like "buayas". Dammit
. I can't help it if I'm not flat-chested.

I was am still thinking that I might have to resort to wearing baju kurung to work some days just to avoid the looks.

Stupid engineers.


Oh, by the way...

I refuse to play futsal with a bunch of horny, married guys.

I think I've made my point. I am so not looking forward to going to work right now. But I am still grateful for the job because it opened my eyes to what the real outside world is like.

And truthfully, I don't like what I'm seeing. Stupid engineers. You have contaminated my innocent (slight exaggeration...hihi) mind!

Oh, yesterday I got this Photoshop-ish program called GIMP and I went to some websites to learn how to use it.

The thing is, I am the type of person who would like to have all these beautiful, breath-taking pictures but I'm too lazy to actually learn how to make these nice pictures, so I've only learnt to do this one effect yesterday and here are some results:

The original pictures are on the left.

Roses
DSCF5492 roses wallpaper (credit)

Butterfly
DSCF5465 butterfly

I think they look quite nice, for a lazy-ass beginner like me! =)

I should learn to master this thing, before I get tired of it.

OK, I'm off! Have a great weekend!

PS: I took out the name of the office because I don't want the engineers to end up here. But then the company's owner's daughter reads my posts anyways, so what difference does it make? Anyways, just to be on the safe side, the company's name has been omitted from this post and the previous one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com