January 21, 2008

moi, incompetent?

I think my words have definitely came back to bite me in the butt.

My workload has increased by like 200% compared to the last time when I blogged.

Seriously, I really should learn to keep my mouth shut.

Anyways, since my uncle owns like 4 companies (if I'm not mistaken), he wants to standardise the forms that are going to be distributed to the companies so that it would be systematic.

These are forms for like medical leaves, interview evaluation, overtime claims and all sort of stuff la basically.

No prize for guessing who ended up working on the forms.

There are like 17 forms that Anis and I had to standardise. Oh yeah, SEVENTEEN.

And what was annoying is that the first task we had was to convert all the forms into Microsoft Word documents from Microsoft Excel.

And I ABSOLUTELY HATED, DETESTED AND LOATHED doing that.

Everything lari, okay? All the bloody forms that looked so freaking perfect in Excel ended up looking like a butchered-up mess when converted into Words.

I spent a WHOLE DAY just trying to make the forms presentable and fit into a page in Words.

SOOOOOOO ANNOYINGGGGGGGGGG.


And I only had 6 forms to work with.

Everytime I feel like my forms are good enough and perfect enough for me to actually stop working on them, there MUST be some changes to the forms. Confirm ada changes.

The header lari la, this column have to buang la, the margin not standardise la, the lines tak bold la, all sorts of nonsense.

Felt like a bloody incompetent and
like there is no end in sight.

And so I have been working on these forms for like 10 days non-stop.

And just when I thought that I could breathe, I had to start on doing the process flows for all 17 forms. The flows basically tell you how to get the forms and the processes involved in approving the application.

I had to work on the forms and process flows last weekend at my uncle's place so that my aunt can review everything before we gave it to my uncle because apparently my uncle wanted to review the forms while he was on a business trip to Kota Kinabalu.

Anis and I were frantic today because we had to finish the forms, process flows and guidelines so that my uncle could take it with him to KK.

In the end, he totally forgot about the forms and left for KK without them. Blargh.

So we have basically finished the forms and stuff.

BUT, my aunt is going through the forms tonight and she's going to tell us if there will be some more amendments coming.

I sure hope not.

But then again, the forms have not reached my uncle yet.

My aunt might say the forms are alright, but I am preparing myself to work on the forms over the weekend. (I'm praying that won't happen!!!)

Oh, good news is that I found out today that my gaji is coming out on Monday! Yay!

I still dunno how much I'm getting. My cousin said I would be "pleasantly surprised" with my salary.

Funny kan? I've been working for almost three weeks (fine, idling for the first week or so), yet I dunno how much I'm going to earn.

Okay, it's 11 o'clock and I'm sleepy.

I feel like such an old lady right now.

Night, people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com