January 26, 2008

I don't know why but my internet has been super SLOW.

Like, it-would-be-faster-if-i-use-dialup slow.

It got better today, but it's still only like 80% of the normal speed.

And because of that, I still haven't finished watching this Documentary called Zeitgeist that my cousin showed to me the other day. Basically the documentary looks at some touchy-touchy subjects like Christianity and September 11. The documentary claims that it was the US Government itself that initiated the September 11 tragedy. Dunno if it's true or not, but it is quite interesting. Personally, I'm not surprised if the US government were behind the attack. Stranger things has happened before.

Oh, the company is going to have their annual dinner next week in Kelab Darul Ehsan. Last time I had a function there was for my Standard 6 prom, which was so last milennium. Hahaha. Finally I got to use that line!

Oh My God, Alia, you are so LAME.

So anyways, apparently my uncle himself was the one who wanted the annual dinner to be held in KDE. And I'm actually quite happy la because it means that I don't have to drive into the jungle that is known as KL city.

What's incredible is that all of this was decided last Thursday, and the dinner is going to be on next Friday, which gives the committee around, let's see, a WEEK to plan everything.

Oh yeah.

And somehow, Anis and I were roped into being on duty on the day.

Anis and I are basically going to be "receptionists" and basically register everyone as they come and show them their seats, etc, etc.

Apparently they decided on that during their meeting. which Anis and I DID NOT attend, mind you, and so we had no say whatsoever in this matter.

Anis and I would love to think that we're put there because we're pretty, but we know that this is some sinister plot that they've concocted to bully us because we have not been bullied in the three weeks that we've been working because we have had the 'protection' of our aunt and uncle and only at this dinner Anis and I will be vulnerable.

OK, so I jest.

Now, not only will I have to find a dress and shoes to go with it, but I will be forced to put on a smile and look pretty the whole night. Blargh.

I don't like to smile and look pretty. Because I'm bad at both. Hahaha.

Dah la they might want to go karaoke-ing after that.

I like singing, but I don't like singing in public! The only time I sang during karaoke was when I was in PD. and that was with the family, so that doesn't count!

Oh well, I guess there's a first time for everything, right?

Here's to hoping that I don't screw up (majorly) on Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com