October 6, 2009

Popularity

I've never been a fan of stereotyping cause I've never conformed to any stereotype.

I mean, I wasn't nerdy enough to be the nerd, wasn't smart enough to be the genius, wasn't pretty enough to be the popular one, wasn't cool enough to be cool.

People never knew how to classify me. In fact, if you ask my classmates from school last time, when it comes to describing me they would usually just say "The smart budak lompat". Lol.

It took me some time, but I'm comfortable with being who I am right now. Like a friend of mine said, I've gone through my Mia Thermopolis moment. Lol.

My friends and I have never been in the popular clique but that was what exactly gave us the freedom for us to evolve, find ourselves and become the people that we are now. Quoting Ine, "We've changed for the better". So true. =)

So it baffles us that sometimes we see all these people who are still trying to hold on to their former popularity and people who would do just about anything to please the supposedly popular clique just so that they would become popular.

When you think about it, at our age right now, we're supposed to be adults. So sometimes I really wonder, is it really necessary to please people who might forget you two years down the road when you can spend those time improving yourself?

I'm not saying I've never tried pleasing these people. Believe me, I've tried. It's just too exhausting and pointless.

So now I've come to a conclusion that it's better to just be honest with yourself, do things that satisfies yourself and just surround yourself with people who you have seen you at your best and your worst.

But then again, some people might find self-satisfaction in being popular, so if that's the case, I have nothing else to say.

I guess in the end it's a case of to each his/her own. But maybe it's time for some of these people to wake up, think of themselves first and stop thinking about how to impress others.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com