May 4, 2006

Updates...teehee...:D

WARNING: The next post is pretty long-winded and it might put some people to sleep while reading it. If u have better things to do, don't bother reading my post. don't say I didn't warn u guys!!!

First of all, I'm really sorry about not updating my blog! I've been really busy lately...its just crazy! I've finally finshed my computing project..sent it in already last Thursday! Yay me! :D I'm just praying I'll pass the damn exams! My first paper is on the 6th of June, at 6.oo pm! hey...that's kinda nice....6.00pm, 06/06/06....just realised that...hahaha!

Oooohhhhh, about 2 weeks ago, i went to Sunway Lagoon with Anis n her friend, Reiza. Reiza had extra tix for the Quiksilver Revolution Tour, so we went to Sunway for a day of fun. haha. we were there from 10 in the morning till like 9.30 at night. When we were there, there was this guy that Anis and I think was trying to hit on Reiza. It's quite funny actually. Going back at 9.30 was quite freaky. Actually, we would've gone back much earlier had Anis not wanted to wait for the Click Five to cme out. they were supposed to come out at 8, but ended up showing their faces on the stage at 9.30. Talk about being caught in the Malaysian timing. In the end we didn't even watch them perform because I was scared we might get caught in the rowdy crowd or the jam afterwards. The crowd there was MADDDD!!!! Everytime some act when up on stage lke Pop Shuvit or Love Me Butch, these people start jumping n pushing n it was just s freaky. We were standing near the stage, which is on the (man-made, obviously) surf beach n the crowd was so bad, some people even got pushed into the water! And I was almost suffocating there and Anis got the fright of her life when somebody accidentally climbed onto her when that fella was crowd surfing....it was damn freaky! N most of the people who were pushed into the water were not the ones wearing the bikinis and they were soaking through and through! Ironically, those who were wearing bikinis worked so hard at not getting wet....what's the point of wearing a bikini then? (in case u're wondering, I was NOT wearing a bikini. Never once had, never will do) i know they all want to flaunt their bodies, but some of them are just not meant to wear bikinis and it's quite disturbing to see them in one....*shudders*

Another (so-called) highlight of the day was when I got lost on the way back from Sunway! It was an....unforgettable experience, to say the least! I remembered taking quite a few wrong turns and I was panicking like hell! I was so scared....some more it was at night! After getting on and off two highways and with the equally-panicked sister of mine by my side, I saw a sign on the road that says "BANDAR TASIK SELATAN", I was sooooo happy because I know that the road from Bandar tasik Selatan will definitely lead me back home. When I was on the MRR2 I was the happiest person on earth and I swear I could've just kissed the road. Thank God i have a good memory! Anis, being the oblivious girl that she is, after seeing the familiar road, went to sleep right afterwards. humph, so much for being my companion in the car! All in all, it only took 40 minutes to get back home, even with me losing my sense of direction on the way!

Last weekend, meanwhile, I went back to my kampung, Kelantan, after what seems like forever. Well, I know it's been forever coz the last time I went back was like 10 years ago. really. i'm not kidding. a bit ashamed rite now coz I'm so out of touch with my roots. I had no idea what was waiting for me back in Kelantan and it was actually much better than expected. I LOVED IT! The journey however, was a bit tiring. I was stuck in the car for seven hours. no joke. I was stuck in my uncle's beloved Multipla from 9.30 in the morning till maybe about 5. And my butt was so numb after arriving in Kelantan. Quite funny actually. Everyone on the road in Kelantan were staring at my uncle's car as if the car had sprouted some horns or something like that. I know most of them has never seen a Multipla, but it was really weird seeing people staring at the car when you're inside it. It's the worst when we stop at the traffic lights! People were staring and ogling and even when we look back, they still stare at the car like nobody's business! Haiyo....apa la these people! takde benda lain ke nak buat? Oh yeah, i also had some chance at practising my (very) limited Kelantanese-dialect Malay during the shopping trips in Rantau Panjang and the bazaar in....hmmm....where was it again. So anyways, among the phrases that I used were:

"bapo hago beg nih?" (berapa harga beg ni/how much does this bag cost?)

"hok ni tokleh kughe lagi hago dio?" (yang ni tak boleh kurang lagi harga dia?/ can't u reduce the price lower?)

"hok ni nok so...hok tu duo...hok tu bui limo..." (yang ni nak satu...yang tu dua....yang to bagi lima/i want one of these....two of those....and give me five of those)

"hok ni pun come jugok..." (yang ni pun cantik/this one's also quite pretty)

As u can see, my Kelantanese Malay is quite limted to a few phrases. Trying to brush it up nw though...haha. I'm missing Kelantan already. Life isn't so busy there as it is here in KL. Maybe I'll relocate there someday. or maybe not. tak tau la.

By the way, it's only a few hours left before it 01.02.03.04.05.06. To all of those people who are oblivious, it's the moment 3 seconds after 1:02 am on the 4th of May 2006. People are going hoo-ha over this but to me it's just a moment in time when the numbers are all in sequence. But it's quite amazing to think that in that one second, there will be a perfect sequence of numbers that we will never see again unless we live for another 100 years. Even if we do live until that other moment in a hundred years' time, I bet we won't even remember our name, let alone the sequence of numbers!

So I think I've talked quite a lot already....n i better get started on my studying....I'll post something soon....don't worry, I won't wait for another 2 weeks before updating the blog!


Less than 4 hours counting to 01.02.03.04.05.06....hahahahahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com