December 18, 2006

Busyness

Last week has been a very very very busy week for me. I'm typing this post as I sit in my grandmother's room in the hospital and this is her fifth day here in Gleneagles Intan Medical Centre. Here's a breakdown of what's been happening in my so-called holidays this past week:

Monday - Went out to with Anis and her friends to KLCC

Tuesday - Had dinner with the Sultan of Kelantan at the Lake Club in Lake Gardens. It was quite an informal dinner for royal standards I guess, because there were only 19 of us at the table. My grandfather wanted to basically introduce us to the royal family. The Sultan, the Raja Perempuan, Tengku Bendahara and their four aides were there. From our family, my grandparents were there, their four sons and their wives and the two eldest granddaughters, Tisha and I. There were still protocols that we needed to follow during the dinner. I mean, even though the dinner was an informal one, Tuanku still chose the food and stuff. We had our assigned seats and before we sat t the table we had to sembah the Sultan (I forgot what sembah is called in English). Basically none of us left the table because we had to sembah the Sultan everytime we want to go off and come back and we were all scared we might do something wrong so we just couldn't be bothered to leave the table during the dinner. A momento that I took from the dinner was a tag at my assigned seat that said "Cik Alia ARWIN binti Azani". Quite pathetic. And they spelt my name wrongly!

Wednesday - I joined my cousin Tisha and her mum in helping my grandmother settle in the hopital. She was going to have an operation to replace her kneecaps if I'm not mistaken on Thursday so that basically dominated my day until about 7.00 o'clock.

Thursday - I went for breakfast with Zarith, Man, Fiz, Zami and Abdul and one of Zarith's friends. We started reminiscing about school, catching up on stuff and suddenly everyone felt old. I mean, it felt like only yesterday that we were in Form 5 and now suddenly my sister, who was in Form 2 when we were Form 5, is going to be in Form 5 soon. It was damn weird. Spent time in the hospital later that day after my grandmother's knee operation. She's fine, but she's in some pain. Anis and Tish's borther, Izuan, stayed there for the night to keep her company.

Friday - Went to the hospital in the morning and ended up going shopping for clothes. Hahahahaha. I stayed at the hospital that night....didn't get to sleep much because I was taking care of my grandmother.

Saturday - I went back home to rest at about 12.00 o'clock. Slept from 3 o'clock until 5. Went back to the hospital to check on my grandmother and came back about 10.30 pm. Oh yeah, there were wild boars on my street that night!!! There were like a dozen of them! Anis and I were freaking out because the boars were like four doors away from our house and we didn't dare go out of the car. I was panicking because I heard that wild boars tend to chase people and I was not going to take any risks by planting myself where they can attack me. We decided to go for a drink somewhere first and come back a bit later. When we decided to go back, our dad had just arrived back from visiting our grandmother at the hospital and he said that there were like more than a dozen of the wild boars and that they were scavenging for food. I pity them la. I mean, their habitat has been destroyed. Where else can they go? The cost of civilisation is just baffling.

Sunday - Went to Bangsar and my cousin introduced me to 3 shops there. Bought some tops. Came to the hospital around 8 oclock. Slept at the hospital with my sister and my cousin.

I've been sleep deprived these past few days and I am sooooooooooo tired!!!! And the hospital food is really expensive! Parking also another problem! Rawr. *mumbles*

PS: Reverted the layout back to the original one because I think I prefer this one to the other one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com