September 21, 2007

Why?

The big news right now is that the dead body found inside a sports bag is that of a missing girl named Nurin Jazlin. When I saw the news yesterday, I couldn't help it. Tears just streamed down my face.

The girl was just eight and she was brutally assaulted and then murdered. She was abducted from the pasar malam near her house in Wangsa Maju. Wangsa Maju is like 10 minutes away from my house!

She was EIGHT, for God's sake! Which eight-year-old girl deserved to die like that?

She was so young, and a bloody sex maniac murdered her. What is this world coming to?

I am scared for my sisters.

My parents are scared for my sisters.

Even my grandparents are scared for them.

My sisters are now scared to go out and play outside. They rarely go on their bikes nowadays, and when they go to the shop, someone has to be with them at all time.

What is the point of celebrating 50 years of independence if it means that kids do not have the freedom to play around and just be kids anymore?

1 comment:

  1. i so totally agree! hish. nowadays even I mcm takut kuar sorg2.

    what a sick, sick world we live in. haih.

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com