November 30, 2008

Life & Death

I was happily minding my own business today, hanging out with Ara and helping her shop for clothes for work, and so I got the shock of my life when a few people told me that one of my ex-schoolmates had passed away. And he was from my batch, so it was even closer to home.

His name was Ezaar, and we were never good friends, but he was nice la back in primary school cause we were classmates back then. But we never talked in high school, maybe due to my anti-socialness, so it's not like I know him well.

But I do grieve for a life that's lost, and for the pain that the parents must be going through right now, for no parent should have to go through the pain of burying their own child.

Inalillah. Rest in peace, Ezaar. You'll be missed by loads. =(

This made my friends and I realise how a life can be lost in a split-second and it is so scary to know that this could actually happen when you're at such a young age, when there is so much that they can try to achieve, so much that they can hope for.

It's so sad to think that for all these people, a dream is lost, a life is gone.

And Nat also told me something that made me realise my own mortality. She said that one of the guys from our batch has been diagnosed with testicle cancer. =(

Maybe this is why there is a saying, "Live your life like you were dying", cause you will never know when your own life might end.

We're not that invincible.

2 comments:

  1. omg!!!

    ezaar??

    inallillah... how did he pass away? omg...
    and do you know who the guy with cancer is?

    wait, xyah bagitau pun xpe. adoi la.. we're at that age kan... worrying about these kind of things. -_-

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sad right to think that Ezaar passed away?

    Oh, the guy yg ada cancer tu nanti i tell you when we meet in person. Rasa mcm a bit kurang ajar to talk about it on the blog.

    Worrying about these kind of things? Tu la pasal. A bit sad to know that we really have moved past our childhood stage and that reality is hitting us right smack in the face. =(

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com