February 6, 2009

My driving rants. Yet again. Hahaha.

I have been driving for almost 3 and a half years now that it has come to a point where I can't be bothered to drive anywhere anymore. But drive I do.

I've not driven like cross-country or anything (I mean, the furthest I've gone was to Port Dickson), but I drive almost everyday in this mad city known as Kuala Lumpur, which I think gives you more experience and moulds you into becoming this cynical, jaded and calculative person. Seriously.

What annoys me is that ever since my sister got her license last October, I've had to put up the dreaded P sticker back onto the car. I've been driving for a year plus without that sticker on my car, and now I understand the gripes of people with P stickers on their cars.

The thing is, because other drivers see the P sticker on the car, they love to take advantage when I'm driving. They like to cut in front of me and expect me to give way JUST BECAUSE I HAVE THE BLOODY P STICKER ON THE STUPID WINDSHIELD.

And it seems like people really like to do this when I'm stuck in a jam. As if it's not irritating enough that I'm stuck in a jam, it really is the last straw when they cut in line just because they think they're superior to me. Sometimes I feel like putting up a sign saying "I am NOT, I repeat NOT, the P Driver. SO DON'T YOU DARE TAKE ADVANTAGE OF ME."

Yes, I can be very scary sometimes. Funny how I never noticed that people took advantage of me back when I was a P driver. I really think one of these days I might just end up with a serious case of road rage. That would not be a pretty sight.

I miss my Pajero! When I drive the Pajero, less people try to take advantage of me on the road. Why did my dad have to crash the car? =(

I swear, when I buy a car with my own money, I will not buy a puny little car that people will have fun picking on. Maybe I'll buy something like this Perodua Nautica?

Oooohhhhh, I'm definitely going to buy an SUV when I start working later.

Talking about jams, I suddenly thought about our public transportation, which is so inefficient that it is really annoying. It was so good in Australia cause the public transportation is like so much better than ours. So I came up with a theory about why our public transportation is the way it is.

(Fine, it's not my theory, but I've never heard of anyone talking about it anyways. Hehe. And I had nothing better to do while I was stuck in the jam. Coming up with ideas is much better than cursing, no? ;) ) So my theory goes something like this:

The public has an opinion that the public transportation is inefficient --> hence, they buy their own transporation (motorbikes, cars, vans, etc) --> road becomes more congested --> public transportation becomes more inefficient

See? it's a vicious cycle of life. The problem is, the public would not suddenly change their opinions about public transportation unless the government makes the first move. So, let's assume that the government actually decides to add more buses and trains on the road, theoretically the situation would now be:

More public transportation on the road (increase frequency ) --> more people will use the public transportation --> less congestion on the road --> public transportation will be even more efficient cause there won't be so much jams, and they have more buses/trains

Like I said, it's just a theory. Might not work in real life. Plus, ths is like a simplified version of how it'll work anyways. But then again, with the global credit crunch....hmmmm.

Oh, while we were on the subject of cars, a friend of mine asked me yesterday, "Can you still drive a manual car?" and I was like, "No, I can't". And it makes me so sad to know that if I were given a manual car, I would not be able to drive it. LOL. So, I want to refresh my memory and try to re-learn how to drive a manual car. Plus, I think some guys look really good when they drive manual cars. Maybe I should find a boyfriend who drives a manual car. Hahahahahaha.

Alrighty then, enough ranting. I've gotta go out and face the traffic. Wait, I don't have the car today, so I don't have to drive! Awesome! =D

1 comment:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com