September 28, 2009

When I grow up.

I've been pestering my dad for a new car for a long time cause anyone who's been in my Vitara lately would know how kesian my car is.

So anyways, when my dad asked me what sort of car I want, I said I want a car that's tall, if it was possible, cause tall cars are so much better to drive.

The thing is right, the cars that fit my criteria like the Kia Sportage and Suzuki SX4 are all in the RM 90,000 range and my dad's conditions for a new car is that once I start working, I'll have to take over the loan payments. Which is fair enough, since it's going to be MY CAR anyways.



So anyhow, I was looking at the brochures for the cars and the price list and what-nots and I was looking at how much the loan repayment is a month for these cars. If i were to take a 9-year loan, the loan repayment would be around RM900+ per month.

So I did some calculations. Say if I could (optimistically) get around RM2,400 or Rm2,500 for my first job, after deducting the tax that I have to pay and the monthly loan repayment, I'll only be left with about RM1,000 for my monthly expenses. What the hell. And that doesn't include the money for petrol and parking and emergency nonsense. -___-

So now, unless I can find a first job that pays me like RM4,000 (which is almost impossible), I think I have to forego that dream of a tall car and just consider of buying a cheaper car for myself if I were to have more disposable income during my first few years of working life. Haih. I hate it when reality sets in.

Never mind. I'm still young. There's still plenty of time for me to get a nice car once I'm settled in the working force but, urgh. Work. NOT looking forward to that.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com