August 4, 2010

UK Trip - Day 2: London

After spending our first day in the UK in Adventure Island (with me almost vomiting as a result of the jetlag), we decided to venture out to London from Southend.

Look at the blue summer sky! =)

The best way to travel from Southend to London is by taking the c2c train from Thorpe Bay to London's Fenchurch Street. The train takes about an hour to reach London, and unlike Malaysian trains, the trains are definitely on time.

Muka budak-budak jakun first time naik train in the UK. Lol.

The Fenchurch Street Station =)

One of the things that we were anticipating to do while we were in London is to get on the London Underground (a.k.a. The Tube). I mean, I've heard of stories of how the system looks complicated, but is actually easy to navigate around, so I was pretty psyched when we got to go on the tube. The nearest tube station from the c2c Fenchurch street is the Tower Hill station, hence why our first pictures of London are near the Tower of London.

Our first glimpse of London. In the background is the Tower of London.

The sundial near the Tower Hill Station



Oh yes. We just had to take a picture in front of the station! Lol.

Pictures of us in the tube. Anis and I were busy looking at the stations, hence the look on our faces.

A picture of Anis taking this picture. Lol. Yep, we had two cameras.

My first attempt at understanding the tube map. First time I looked at it I thought I was seeing stars and rainbow-coloured squiggles. Lol. I mean, just look at it:

After a while, I did actually manage to understand the map. In fact, towards the end of the trip, I was the one analysing the best route to take to go to some places. =D

Some of the tube stations we passed by.

My dad's plan for the day was to just walk around Kensington, where we will take a break and eat lunch in the park, before heading towards the Marble Arch, where we will go shopping. So basically the plan for the day was to shop. Hahahaha.

On the way to the park.

Kensington Gardens.

Princess Diana's Memorial Fountain.

Having lunch in the park and feeding the pigeons. The younger ones were so excited that they got to feed the pigeons. And they had even more fun shooing the whole bunch of pigeons away after feeding them. Sadistic children. Lol.

So after lunch, we went on to Marble Arch, where we spent two hours shopping in Primark. I swear to God, this place is heaven! You can buy jeans for less than £10! I bought 5 pair of socks for £2.50. And I took so much stuff my hand hurts, but everything came to less than £50. Oh yeah. Primark is awesomeeeeee. Even after converting the money it's cheap!

Yes, we HAD too. Hahaha.

Marble Arch.

My sisters made it their mission in the UK to take a pic with some hot, random dude. In this case, they got a hot, random, EXTREMELY TALL dude (I'm pretty sure if I stood next to him I'll be at his rib level). The things you do on holiday. Hahaha.

So that's the end of Day 2. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com