August 4, 2010

UK Trip - Day 3: London

Day 3 we continued our tour around London. Since I know nothing about where to go, my dad became our tour guide around London.

Thorpe Bay c2c Station

Once we reached London from Thorpe Bay, we took the tube to the Embankment station and we planned to walk from the station to Trafalgar Square.

Embankment Station

We wanted to go to the toilet, but the Embankment station didn't have any, so we had to walk to the Charing Cross station nearby (which looked sort of like KL Sentral) to use the toilets there. I love the interior!

On the way to Charing Cross


Charing Cross station

Oh, by the way, on our way to the Charing Cross station, we went pass this intimidating-looking building:


And then I found out that this is actually the London PwC building.


I won't mind being an auditor if it means working in a pretty building like that! What the hell am I talking about. I don't wanna be an auditor. -_-

So after around 15 minutes walking, we got to Trafalgar Square. See, the last time I went there I was around 2 years old (picture below), and there were loads of pigeons:


Now, 20 years down the road, this is what has happened:

Yep, a lone pigeon. There are now more people than pigeons at a square famous for pigeons. Very ironic.

My sisters made it a mission to get more pigeons to the square so they started throwing breadcrumbs around, and eventually this happened:


Yep, they managed to slightly increase the population of pigeons at the square. Lol.

Some pictures around Trafalgar Square:

Alwani. She's 14, I'm 22. -___-

We saw this pink monstrosity while we were walking away from the Square towards Buckingham Palace. Lol.

On the way to the Buckingham Palace, we went through the Admiralty Arch:



And while we saw this sculpture:


So of course my siblings had to imitate the sculpture (lol):


Description of the sculpture:



Walking through The Mall to the Buckingham Palace. The Mall is basically the road that we have to go through to get to Buckingham Palace from the Admiralty Arch:

My sisters on their Take-pictures-with-random-and-interesting-people mission. Lol.

One of the things that my siblings really wanted to see were the royal guards, so when we saw the royal guards standing near the Clarence House, Wani SQUEALED and literally jumped around cause she wanted to take a picture near the Guards.


Oh, while were near the Clarence House, the were loads of policemen near there and we found out it was because PRINCE CHARLES was going to the Clarence House from the Buckingham Palace cause the Queen was hosting a tea party at the Palace. So we waited and after like 20 minutes, we saw Prince Charles going pass us into the House compound in a car. a My dad caught Prince Charles on video nd also the subsequent changing of the Guards (we were so lucky to be able to see that!!!) but the video's too big to post on the blog. =(

So after that we continued our walk towards the Buckingham Palace:

Pretty sure these people had just came out of the Queen's tea party. Lol.

Around Buckingham Palace they erected pillars, with each pillar representing a Commonwealth country. We're standing in front of a pillar representing the Malay States.

So after looking around Buckingham Palace, we continued our journey towards the Westminster Bridge and we saw the Houses of Parliament, the Westminster Abbey, the Big Ben and the Eye of London. =)

Westminster Abbey. Didn't go in cause it was too late.

Big Ben!

House of Parliament.

The view of the House of Parliament from the Westminster Bridge.


The London Eye from the Westminster Bridge.

While we were on the Westminster Bridge, my siblings found it funny to make a group hug around me so that essentially I would be hidden from view cause they're bigger than me:

At one point, my dad actually asked them "Where's Kak Ya?" and the only thing I could do was to raise my hand so that he could see me through the barrier that the kids had set up.

Alia. Submerged under. =/

Oh, while we were on the bridge we saw this:

The English really love their pink limousines, don't they? I mean, I saw not one, but two pink limos in one afternoon! -_-

We headed back to Southend after taking pictures at the Westminster Bridge, so that's basically the end of Day 3. =)



No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com