July 5, 2006

a-levels ball, world cup, shopping and driving around KL...

Germany lost to Italy 2- Nil....I'm soooooo sad..........................................:( I wanted Germany to at least go through to the finals...but what to do....they have never won against Italy. Ever. Ever. And the World Cup curses continues....England lost out on penalties again, Brazil couldn't win the Cup in Europe again and Germany lost to Italy again. Boo-hoo. Let's hope France wins the World Cup this time around....I'm still wondering, should I watch the final match? I mean, it's on at 2 in the morning!!!!!!!!!! I am just gonna sleep in front of the tv :/ but i wanna watch the finals!!!!!!!!!! Dilemma, dilemma....

I had a busy, busy, busy week and finally I have a breather today...

The A-levels ball last week was quite interesting...my friends took so many pictures that I was seeing stars the whole night...hehehehe....felt like a star that night! I look damn weird in the pics, though and Melvyn kept pestering me to smile for the pics.

He said, "why you never smile in pictures ah, woman? look natural la"
and I was like, "I cannot smile. My smile's always damn crooked"

The ball was supposed to start at 7.45...but you know la kan Malaysian punya timing, so the ball started one whole hour late!!!! And do you know how it started? They had fire-eaters performing that night and before they came up on stage, they screamed at the top of their lungs! What a way to get our attention...I was stupefied for a second, not knowing where the sound was coming from. I seriously thought someone was getting robbed or something. Tengok-tengok the fire eaters keluar. Ceh, buat orang takut je. After their very (literally) hot performance, it was time for Mr.Jahn and Dipesh to give their speech. Everyone at our table were like "we're hungry, cepat la finish up your speech". After the speeches were over and done with, everyone went straight to the buffet table...God, I ate so much that night!!!!!!!!!! there were some performances that night but we just couldn't be bothered because everyone was talking among themselves and taking loads and loads of pictures. I was damn pissed with the lucky draw because I didn't win anything! 2 girls got brand new Motorola RAZR phones!!!!!!! :(:( At 12.30 am, me, alan, terrence, rachel soh and jun decided to go up to the swimming pool to take some pictures....the swimming pool was just breath-taking!!! It's one of the nicest swimming pool I've ever seen...too bad we couldn't dip our aching feet in the pool because the manager was giving us the evil look while we were playing around. We took bunches of pictures while we were there and it was so much fun! At 1.30 I went back home and slept in until 8.30...yep, so much for sleeping in...I woke up damn early that morning.

Talking about Friday, Anis and I went to check out the cinema in Galaxy Ampang. It's actually quite nice...parking's free there. We got there at 3 o'clock and since it's a kinda private cinema not like GSC or TGV, there were some movies that were not shown at the cinema. We ended up buying tckets for RV and we were shocked when there were only like 2 other people in the cinema other than us. It was fun!!!!!!! I'll definitely go back to the cinema again! After that we went to makan...we were supposed to go for ice-cream at Lecka-Lecka in BB but tak jadi because we were all damn penat...ended up watching High School Musical that my cousin had downloaded. She's nuts about Zac Efron...and she's older than me....who would have thought. Haha, what a way to spend a Friday night.

On Saturday I went out with Ine...I've not since her since April....so we went out to Ampang Point...then we went to Lecka-Lecka at the Ampang Petronas and we went to Great Eastern Mall. Didn't do much....we just hung out. After that I sent her back to her college near Bangsar there. It was fun though hanging out with her cause we haven't done that in a long time. She's one of my first friends back in secondary school and the fact that we're the same age (all the people in our batch are one year older than us) makes us even closer. So yeah, last Saturday was nice.

On Sunday I had lunch at my grandma's house. We were having nasi dagang, and I was helping her since 8 in the morning. Around 1 o'clock, Anis came up to me and asked, "Kak Ya, can you take me to the Cheer Comp?" and I was like, "What???? See first la"....well, my dad and my uncle gave permission for us to go but only after lunch and after we finished helping out, so we (me, Anis, Izuan and Kak Tish) ended up going at 4 o'clock....by the time we reached Bukit Jalil, they were just about to announce the winners....haha....damn cacat, right? So after that, we went back into town and we went to Lotus near KLCC for a drink and just to lepak for a bit. I reached home around 9 that day. Damn tiring.

On Monday and yesterday, I went out shopping with Tish...and even though I have known my dearest cousin for like 17 out of my 18 years of life, she never fails to surprise me. And surprise me she did when I went on a shopping spree with her. On Monday, we went over to Monash cos she had to pay some fees and we went over to Metropolitan cos my dad asked me to check out the fees there. I don't think I want to go there, though. It's a bit spooky. After that, we wanted to go to 1 Utama cause we both haven't stepped into 1U in a long, long time. We were going to take the Federal Highway to 1U from Metropolitan, but we ended up making one huge round around the area and ended up right back at Metropolitan. Tish was pissed cause she was showing the way and thought the road that we took would lead us to the Federal Highway. So we ended up taking the NPE to Bangsar and went to 1U from Bangsar. Best thing was, when we were in the parking lot and I had just parked my car, she realised that she left her ATM card at home and so we had to go back to pick up her ATM card. She was cursing herself all the way back and kept saying "Forever 21, Forever 21...Alia, I need to go to Forever 21!!!!!!!!" and I was like, Okayyyyyy......and some more she kept grabbing my shoulder and shaking me when I was driving!!!!! Nasib baik tak masuk longkang! She found her ATM card at home and since I was too lazy to drive all the way back to 1U, which was like 20 km away, no kidding, we decided to go to either KLCC or Sungei Wang. I told her we could go to 1U on Tuesday. We ended up in Sungei Wang. I bought like 3 tops there but my dear cousin bought 8 tops when she actually needed to buy a dress!!! We took my younger cousin (Tish's brother) Ariff out as well and I pity him cause his sister and I were going mad looking at clothes!!! I mean, in this one shop, there were these nice tops that cost less than RM10 and they do not look cheap at all! It was such a bargain! So after buying all those tops, my cousin decided that if she can't find a dress, at least she wants some new pants...so we went into F.O.S. She went to look for pants, but came back with some new tops and when she asked us, "Nice or not?", Ariff and I replied, "Yeah, nice pants". Damn sarcastic, right? haha. So after that shopping spree, we went back to her house and tried on the new clothes. I felt like such a girl! It was fun!!!

So on Tuesday, our shopping spree continued...I picked her up after her driving lesson and we headed straight to 1U. The 20-minute drive turned out to be a 35-minute drive because I made some wrong turns somewhere along the way. hehe. Our first stop at 1U was Chili's, where we had our lunch...after that we went straight to shop, or rather, I watched her buy stuff. Obviously we haddddd to go into Forever 21 before my dear cousin goes nuts, so she bought a top and she found a dress there, too! (Thank God) I just bought a pair of earrings...which also happened to be my only purchase for the day...I am still living on the little allowance that my parents give me every month, ok? So I still have to save to make sure I have enough money to last me the whole month. So after that we went to lots and lots and lots of other shops....we went to Zara, TopShop, Guess and I can't remember what else....by the time she finished shopping, I have lost count on how many tops she has bought in the past two days. My feet ached like hell, and I think that I did more walking in the past week compared to the past 2 months.

As you can see, I have been a busy bee this past week and as much as I love shopping and driving around town, it was pure bliss getting to stay at home today....so much for lazing around for the whole holiday. I'm busier now than I have been when I was having my exams....haha. I'm damn tired and in dire need of sleep...so au revoir! :D

PS: I'm going out again tomorrow!!!

1 comment:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com