December 17, 2007

Alcohol, anyone?

Today I got the strangest thing in the mail.

I got a mail from Tiger FC.

Apparently I'm a member of Tiger FC now.

OK, so it might not sound so weird, but the thing is:

1. I don't drink alcohol, and everyone knows that Tiger is a brand of a beer

2. And I have absolutely no recollection of ever registering as a member for this Tiger FC thing. I mean, as much as I love football, I have never entered into any membership thing for any fanclub. Ever.

It's definitely not junk mail, because my name was written on the letter and it even came with a membership card. Checked out the card, and apparently I've been a member of Tiger FC since October. Huh. Go figure.

I'm still trying to figure out how this happened.

Oh yeah, while we're on the subject of alcohol, there's this thing I've been wondering about 7-11. It's quite obvious that they sell alcohol in 7-11. So technically Malays, as Muslims, shouldn't be working in any 7-11 since they would be selling alcohol, right?

Yet, whenever you step into a 7-11, I think almost 90% of the time the person behind the counter would be Malay.

So that's just some random musing on mundane, everyday life that I find interesting because of the irony of the situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com