December 28, 2007

Random things

For once, I now know how KL is like at 8 AM on a holiday.

It's like going through a ghost town.

You know how I was sick for a few days? Well, since I was sick, I couldn't exactly drive anywhere, so my car died.

Yeah, that car is very manja. Mengada.


So when my dad woke me up at some ungodly hour on Christmas day (fine, it was just 7.30 am), he jumpstarted the car and I had to take the car out for a drive so that the battery can keep on running. I took Anis and Zara with me and so, with us still in our shorts and T-shirts (we didn't take our baths yet, you see), we decided to see how KL was like on a holiday because we have never ventured out to see KL on a holiday before.

It was such a nice drive. We got into Bukit Bintang, went past the Pavilion, went past Berjaya Times Square and since I am so jakun (and because it was such a nice day), we went past the Pusat Kraftangan. It was damn big and I got all excited and I feel like I wanna go there and explore! A bit lame la, but yeah, I wanna go and be a tourist at the Craft Center and go "ooohhhh" and "aaaahhhh" at everything that I see. But then, I'll probably get bored of that after 1 hour.

We also went past KLCC and since Anis wanted to see the Renaissance (where her school prom is held), we went past the Renaissance, too. I was so happy because FOR ONCE, I was not cursing while driving through the city and I felt like I was looking at the city in a different light.

It was fun while it lasted. Too bad it's not like that everyday.

Oh, on Christmas night, I went to Nat's house for a Christmas dinner. Her room brought back loads of memories from when we were small because on the walls in her room were posters from like 5, 6 years back and it was fun looking at those. The food was good, too! I had like a little of everything and I loved the mashed potatoes! Just thinking about it is making me drool right now....dammit. I need to lose weight pulak tu.

Oh yeah, I can't believe Benazir Bhutto's assassination is affecting the world so badly. The stockmarket is affected, petrol prices went up, chaos in Pakistan and stuff like that. I was shocked when I saw the news on Yahoo (and after it was confirmed on CNN and BBC) and I started to think that so far in the 21st century, no politic assassination has ever affected the whole world this badly and I wonder about how one lady could have this much effect on the world. And I don't even like politics.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com