May 24, 2008

STRESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

DAVID COOK WON AMERICAN IDOL!!!!!!!!

Me loves my David Cookie! He sooo deserved to win (even though he wasn't so good during the finale!). Oh well, he still won by 12 MILLION votes, but who's counting? ;-)

Go Cookie!!!!

Oh, and I have started to study for my exams.

I don't mind exams, but I hate Accounting Info System. Dahla stupid unit has no bloody past years that I can bloody refer to, which makes me bloody annoyed.

I mean, why do I have to know how to read Data-Flow Diagrams and Flowcharts if I'm going to be an accountant? I thought doing Computing back in A-Levels was horrible enough. Didn't know it will come back to haunt me after 2 years. -_________-

Luckily some parts of the units (where we actually use Microsoft Excel instead of learning theories about God knows what) is not so bad for me because I use Microsoft Excal like every week for my Econometrics major, so at least I understand that. Too bad that's only 1/3 of the whole unit. 8 units are pure theories. Haih.

And I am so glad I'm not taking Finance as my major. I've been put off Finance for life after being forced to take Financial Management cause both Accounting and Finance majors are supposed to take this and the AIS units.

Dah la the exams are like next to each other. Financial Management on the 10th, AIS on the 11th.

You know what? I had to actually force myself to go and study in uni on a Saturday because I know I wouldn't be studying had I stayed at home. And I had to study.

It was okay la studying in uni cause there weren't a lot of people in the library just now.

I'm actually planning on going to uni everyday to study until the 11th of June because there is just so much to study and I waste a lot of time at home. (But then again, I did end up sleeping in the library for half an hour yesterday. Whoops.)

See me no life. Boohoo.

Oh yeah, and about the tremor thing in the previous post, what happened was this:

It was like 10 something on Monday, and I was chatting with Ine I think when I suddenly felt like something was shaking. At first I thought Anis was shaking the table or something like that.

So I asked her, quite nonchalantly la, "Eh, did you feel some shaking?"

and she was like, "Yeahhhh..."

And I asked her, "You sure you didn't shake the table?"

And she gave me this one look that basically said "Are you daft, woman?"

So I was like, "Okay...."

I felt like something was not-so-right then.

Suddenly my dad came into my room, and I quote what he asked us:

"Did you guys feel the house shake just now?"


Anis and I started screaming. My dad got a bit angry la cause we were acting so childish. But we couldn't help it. We were panicking! All sort of thoughts were going through my head at the time. Was it an earthquake? is there a tsunami?

And then like 20 minutes after that, we found out that there was a 6.1-magnitude earthquake in Sumatera, apparently 500 km away.

Can you just imagine that? We actually felt tremors from an earthquake that happened 500 km away. -__-

And it came out in the news the next morning that some parts of Klang Valley and Melaka felt the tremors from the Sumatera earthquake.

So yeah, it was a scary thing. Even when I think about it now, it was quite funny how I was like so selamba about the whole thing when it happened.

Luckily it was just like minor tremors.

The world is such a scary place nowadays.

Even the rain is scary nowadays. -_____- There was one day when i was driving and the rain was so bad that even at 4.30 PM, it looked like it was 7.30 already.

1 comment:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com