August 29, 2006

Merdeka?

Songs currently stuck in head - Lene Marlin's Unforgivable Sinner and Panic! At The Disco's I Write Sins, Not Tragedies

Omigod, look at this, isn't it cute?



Since Merdeka Day is coming, I've pondered on what I've done to merdekakan myself....and I realised that getting my license and going to college was a small step towards my own independence. My cousin Tisha had finally obtained her license, after what seems like forever, the same day that I got my A-Levels results. Now she can drive me around. She's so happy that she's able to drive everywhere now...and it kinda reminds me of how I felt when I first got my license 14 months ago. The initial euphoria that I felt when I first held my license and the extreme giddiness that gets to me whenever I looked at my license. The reality that I, the number one penakut on the planet, am now qualified to take on the big, bad roads of KL. Yeah, I know, I know, I'm overdramatising the situation. I remembered when I first started driving to college, my friends were like, "oh, you'll get bored of driving soon, believe me. I give you three months, top." And I was like, "NOOOOOO, I will never hate driving. How dare you say such a thing?" I felt that with the license in hand, I am now more in control of my life and that I have the liberty of going anywhere I want. Actually, I got bored of driving after 6 months. Yep, I'm eating my words now. Pfft. I realised that the older we get, the lazier we get, too. And once you do something that you love every single day, it becomes pretty monotonous. Now, even the KL jam doesn't scare me anymore....that's how immune I am to the fear of driving. Someone once asked me, "If you had to choose between being in the driver's seat or the passenger's seat for your whole life, which one would you choose?" In a heartbeat I answered, "Driver's seat" but now, looking back, I'm not so sure....but on second thought, I love driving too much to be in the passenger's seat for the rest of my life. Selfishness. Haha.

Oh yeah, Happy Merdeka Day, peeps! I'm out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com