September 29, 2006

Surprises, surprises

First of all, to all my fellow Muslims, happy fasting! I already lost 2 kg in the first five days of fasting! Go me! (I know I'll pile up on the pounds soon enough, though)

Streamyx is down again. Whoopee. What a surprise. I'm using dial-up right now, and it is sooooo slow compared to Streamyx. The Streamyx has been down for two weeks and we just don't know what is wrong with it. Dangit.

Oh yeah, loads of things has happened during these past 2 weeks. Last Thursday, I went with Anis to the National Registration Department (NRD) at Maju Junction Mall to pick up her IC because she has some pre-SPM registration and needs her IC. Funny, I don't remember having any pre-SPM registration while I was in Form 4. So anyways, Anis' IC pic turn out to be somewhat funny. So the lady at the counter took a look at her picture and said, "It's okay. Nanti karang, bila dah 18 tahun, datang balik and buat baru. Memang bila 18 tahun kena tukar baru. Nanti nak datang tu pakai make-up sikit". I was thinking, "Hmmmmm....I had my Mykad when I was 14, and I look totally different then than I do now" so since I'm already 18, I decided to go to the NRD to renew my MyKad. Anyways, it's only RM10 to renew it, so I have nothing to lose.


So yesterday, I went to the nearest NRD near my house, which is the NRD office in Melawati. I was so prepared for a long day there because when I went to the NRD in Maju Junction Mall, there were loads of people wanting to get their MyKads done. I had a big fat book in my bag that I was planning on reading while waiting. Heck, I even paid for 3 hours of parking. Can you just imagine how stunned I was when there were only FIVE other people waiting in the whole place? I seriously thought that maybe I can't renew my MyKad there. Nasib baik when I went up to the counter they said can. So I waited for my turn, went up to the counter, paid RM10 and took my picture and I was done. Oh yeah, when i was at the counter, the lady asked to see my old MyKad. I passed it to her and she looked at it and she looked at me...I guess she was thinking "Is this really her?" I think she was still suspicious until she checked my fingerprints. I know I must look damn cacat in that old picture. How long did everything take? 15 minutes. I'm not kidding. It only took me 15 minutes to renew my MyKad. But I have to wait another month before I can pick up my new MyKad....but not bad what? When i told my mum and dad that I only had to spend 15 minutes at the place, they were like, "What? Really?" Malaysia and the way it works never fail to amuse me. Just when I thought I had everything figured out, I get totally overblown.


Oh, I gotta go now. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com