October 5, 2006

As a Malaysian, it's no surprise that sometimes I think that anything Western is much more superior compared to locally-made products and I confess to dreaming of living abroad lots of time. But right now, I am thankful that I am living in Malaysia, even though we are short on sugar and chillies (I want my sambal belacan!!! :( ) because I seriously can't imagine how I would feel if I were a school-goer in the USA. I mean, 3 school-shootings in a week? Madness wei! The latest shooting really disturbed me because little girls (the eldest was 13) were shot. I got damn emo and I even cried when I heard that these innocent girls were killed by some grudge-bearing gunmen. But actually, I think I got damn emo because I'm PMS-ing. Haha. If I were living in US right now, I would be really scared to go to school. And I think, for once, parents will insist on kids staying at home rather than going to school. It's ironic right that the once safe-haven has now become a place where violence occurs?

Last week, I had the sudden urge to watch my Phantom Of The Opera VCD. Don't ask me why. It's just that the CD's been lying there for quite sometime and I really missed watching it. I like it, ok? I especially like loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee the 'The Point Of No Return' song! And anyways, the Phantom's quite hot! So anyways, while watching the movie, Anis and I actually just realised that the Phantom is a creepy paedophile because Christine is only supposed to be 16 and he's old enough to be her father. Ewwwwwwwwww. Sicko. I also watched some movies about two of the USA's presidents, JFK and Franklin Roosevelt...and I found out that Bill Clinton was not the only president to have extramarital affairs while running the country. Ouch.

While we are still on the subject of movies and the boob tube, I saw this thing on Discovery about Human Instinct and how we human release all these adrenaline when we're anticipating something. I know that feeling....it always happen to me when I go on the Space Shot in Genting Highlands:



OK, so the picture doesn't do justice on what the Space Shot ride is like. Just remembering the ride makes my heart pound like mad and gives me goosebumps. I've been on the ride 3 or 4 times already, and I don't think I would want to go on it anymore. For those who have not tried going on the Space Shot yet, it's this 12-people ride that goes up 185 feet and drops at a speed of 67 km/h (although personally, I feel like it's more around the 200 km/h speed). It creeps slowly up and when you reach the top, it will just stay stationary for a while. Once you're up there, if you're like me, it would be one of those "What the hell am I doing up here?" moments. I mean, you're so high up! As if it's not enough that the ride is already near the top of the theme park, you're going up an extra 185 feet! But one thing for sure, the view is absolutely breathtaking. Nothing can compare to it, unless, of course, you're in a helicopter la. And well, helpless as you are at the top, adrenaline starts pumping into your system in anticipation of the drop. This is when each seconds seems to go on for.e.ver. When the drop finally comes, you'll go down straight to the halfway point in like less than 2 seconds. Yep, the feeling of weightlessness starts to settle in and you'll feel as if the seatbelts are the only thing that prevents you from being thrown away from your seats. They'll take you back up, then down again, then up again and down again until you reach the bottom. Needless to say, your legs will definitely be shaking afterwards. My cousin cried because after she got off the ride and swore never to ride it ever again. This ride is definitely not for the faint-hearted and those who are height-a-phobic (forgot the correct term!). And let me tell you, even after three times riding the Space Shot, it still gives me goosebumps. Talk about an adrenaline rush!

Yesterday's weather was mad!!!!!!!!! The haze has become worse and worse as the days go by and even after the 2-hour downpour yesterday, I could still smell the haze. And it burns my throat. Geramnye.

Oh, oh, gotta go. Got some stuff to take care off. Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com