October 17, 2006

Electricity and football (players)

Our electricity was cut off for five hours today. It started at 3.28 pm or something like that because Alwani was watching her TV show called Bawang Merah Bawang Putih when suddenly the TV went blank. Of course she went berserk. I mean, she's been watching the show for the past 55 minutes, and in the last few moments of the episode, the tv decided to die on her. Wouldn't you be mad? It's like watching a football match, with only a few seconds left, and just as someone was about to shoot the ball into the goal, the tv dies on you. Sakit hati, right? I know the bill was paid because my mum sent me to pay the bill last week, so it can't be a disconnection to our service. So I pestered Iskandar into calling the neighbour and we found out that our whole neighbourhood was affected. And the weather chose to become jahat today. It was one of those cloudy days that makes you want to stay home and just stay under the blankets, so the house was pretty dark. So buka puasa was pretty much a bleak affair. But it was quite fun eating by the candlelight!




Darkness ruled during buka puasa time...

When we sat down for buka puasa, I realised that every year for the past few years there has been at least one day in the Ramadan month where the whole family would end up eating by the candlelight because the electricity was cut off. Just because Ramadan is when we have to restrain ourselves from overdoing everything, the Tenaga Nasional company think it would be a good idea to "restrain" our use of electricity is it? Thank God the electricity's back on.

On a totally different note, I was browsing through the Pink Is The New Blog site, and I came across this picture of Cristiano Ronaldo:



Erm, can I just say....GAY MUCH???????????? But he is kinda hot...in a homo sort of way. I'm not exactly one of those girls that go gaga over Cristiano, but whenever I watch any Manchester United games with my mum (since she watches almost all of the football matches), I admit I rather look at him than at Rooney. He's a good player, I guess. But I much prefer to watch Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool play...there are better looking guys in those teams! Anis and I have labelled ourselves "footie club traitors" because even though we were born in the lovely city of Newcastle (Upon Tyne), we were supporting Man Utd over Newcastle during the Newcastle-Man Utd match. Hehe. But I haven't gone back to Newcastle in like, ages, so it doesn't really matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com