January 29, 2007

What goes around comes around....NOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ANNOYED. IRRITATED. PISSED.

That basically explains how I felt over the weekend.

I did my good deed on Saturday by taking all of our old/unused school bags to La Bodega, Bangsar Shopping Centre with Anis where the Hitz.fm crew were collecting stuff for the flood victims in Johor like uniforms, bags, stationery and etc, etc.

Anyways, we had quite a few bags that we didn't use anymore and some that my dad got from conferences that were never used. So all in all, we had about a dozen bags to give away, and although some show sign of wear, they're still durable. I think the bags are worth about Rm200 or something like that. So anyways, when we dropped off the stuff at La Bodega, I got to speak to one of the DJs, Ean, for like two seconds. He's quite cute...but he's like 27/28 or something like that, so he's quite old.

So basically, knowing that I did something good by donating stuff that people can actually use (unlike some stupid, inconsiderate idiots who donated 9000 packets of expired instant noodles), we left La Bodega and went in search of a present for Anis's friend. After buying a mug and earrings, we left BSC and went back.


The plastic bag full of bags....

My day started going downhill after that. In the car, Anis realised that the hook of the earrings she bought were rusty. If it was the 3 for Rm10, it's pretty understandable, but the freaking earrings cost RM30. We were damn pissed.

I drove her to Great Eastern Mall to buy another pair because it's one of the rare malls in Ampang where parking isn't a bitch. She definitely regretted buying those RM30 earrings because the earrings in Great Eastern were prettier, cheaper and in perfect condition.

On the way back, we got stuck in a massive jam. How bad was it? It took us FIFTY MINUTES to get back home from Great Eastern Mall. FIFTY BLOODY MINUTES!!!!!!!!!!! If the mall was like 30 km away, I wouldn't mind so much, but Great Eastern Mall is just like 6 km away from my house!!!!!!!

Annoyed doesn't even begin to describe how I felt then.

And to top that off, my phone decided to hate me right there and then by denying me access to the network. And it just had to be the day when it was scorching hot outside. So there I was, stuck in a immobilised car, roasting my butt off, with a phone that has no reception what-so-ever. I cursed like mad and Anis and I ended up making funny faces at the kid in the car in front to take our mind off the heat and the pain shooting through my right foot.

Later that afternoon, at about 6-ish, I went to see Rain in concert with my sister and her 2 friends. And let me make this clear:
  1. No, I am not a fan of Rain. It's just that I got the ticket for free, so curiousity got the best of me. And also, my dad needed me to chaperone my sister.
  2. I don't know any of his songs except for that annoying song that's been playing on the radio for the past month.
  3. I much rather go to the Boyz II Men concert. :(

The concert was okay, but not exactly my type of concert. I don't even understand Korean, dammit. And because I was so tired from the hectic day I had, I almost fell asleep somewhere in the middle of the show. Seriously. And I was so bored I took a picture of Anis twirling the glow-in-the-dark light thingy.


Pretty twirly light. Reminds me of fireworks.

Some pics of the stage from where we sat:

Before the concert:


During the concert:




And yesterday....OH MY GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got so pissed with my grandparents.

Usually I try to listen to them, out of respect. I mean, I've been taught to respect my elders and follow what they say so usually I do what they say, however irritating that is.

Not this time, though. I got really irritated.

What happened was was that Tisha found out the the grandparents have been talking to her dad and had insisted that she and I should carpool everyday to Monash since we're going to be in the same university and that for both us to drive separate cars would be a waste of time and money.

I don't want to sound like a spoilt brat, but both she and I are a bit no, we're DEFINITELY reluctant to carpool. I mean, we live like 8 km away from each other (really, we do) so for me to get to her place and vice versa in the morning is going to be HELL! And the thing is, we can't make our timetables identical, for God's sake. We're taking different units this semester, dammit!

Say one of us has class at 8 o-clock and the other one at 12, takkan we want to wake up so early just because the other one kena pergi early? So menyusahkan.

When we try to tell them that, they never listen. And now they've come up with a supposedly perfect solution. Their solution: the one with the later class stays at the library while the other one goes for class. The problem with their oh-so-brilliant solution is that:
  1. Erm, the library doesn't open so early in the morning.
  2. And who wants to spend all of their free time in the library????
  3. We don't want to be depending on each other. We like our independence.
  4. One of us might have to stay back if there are replacement classes and stuff.
  5. What would happen if the car breaks down? Then both of us would be stranded.
And the thing is, I wouldn't mind so much if it was them that were paying for our transportation and stuff, but they aren't contributing even one cent! It's all our parents and our own money, so it's damn irritating when they do this to us.

We're not small kids anymore! I'm turning 19, dammit! Heck, my cousin's turning 20 in December! We can make our own decisions. We don't want our grandparents to control our lives. I feel like a dog, trying to run freely but constrained by a leash.

My whole life has been spent pleasing everyone, sacrificing my needs. Even now, my schedule basically revolves around my grandmother's bloody physio sessions and driving my siblings around. I have no life.

I am so tired of people stepping all over me. I don't need this. I have enough things on my mind as it is. I feel like I'm suffocating. I never have enough "ME" time. It's all about everyone else.

Screw them. I'm not going to carpool everyday. I'll find a part-time job then if it cost so much for transportation.

Whoever said what goes around comes around? I did one good deed, and I got bad things happening to me tenfold.

PS: I found out yesterday that I suck at playing board games. My 5-year-old sister managed to beat me at Snakes and Ladders and Ludo. Damn.

1 comment:

  1. Hey thank you so much for helping us last Saturday at La Bodega. Sorry Rudy and I didn't get to say hi but thank you so much for helping

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com