January 12, 2007

What we have and what we want

First off, I think it's funny that Arsenal managed to beat Liverpool twice in a week! Mwahahahahaha!!! Go Gunners!!!!

Last night, I was watching tv and for the trillionth time, an advert on a "whitening cream" came on. And as i watch the advert (since I'm so lazy to change the channel), it's actually quite disconcerting that the company is saying in a very-unsubtle way that tanned skin is a big NO-NO while white, translucent skin gets the thumbs-up. I guess because we live in a country where you can get a tan just by sitting in a car on a really hot day, we think that having white skin is much healthier and more beautiful and will make us stand-out more whenever we're in a crowd. But what is ironic is that most Caucasians, who have white, translucent skin that we Malaysians adore to the point of worshipping it (some people are really desperate for white skin, okay?) would just love to have our naturally tanned skin. Hah. We want to be more like them, they want to be more like us. See? We never appreciate what we have. Next time you want white skin, put powder on your face la. Then can look like a ghost.

Oh yeah, while we're on this particular subject, I still don't get why people would want to have a nose jobs and boob jobs and other "body" jobs. This is especially true in Hollywood, where beauty is really just skin-deep. If it's true that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, then why the hell do you need to change your looks? Nose jobs I can still understand, but boob jobs? No. Even though I don't have Pamela Anderson's pomelo-sized-boobies, God remembered to give me some curves and I absolutely hate it when guys stare at my chest. I feel like going up to them and ask "Eh, hello, why are you looking at my chest? I don't look at your flat chest!" and slapping them after that.And what purpose does enlarging the size of the breasts serve other than making the women more attractive to men, especially rapists who can't control themselves? People are just weird.

Rarely do we spare a thought on what we have because we're too busy chasing what we don't have. Like my friends are always telling me that I have nice eyes and a nice nose, but I'll be too busy thinking about losing weight to appreciate what I have. I'm not crippled, neither am I deaf and I definitely have a voice, yet I am still restless. It's strange how we never do appreciate what we have and are always thinking of ways to achieve more, more and more. But when you think about it, this insatiable craving to have more is the drive that will usually lead us to success, so it's not all that bad.

Oh yeah, I'm going to start saving money to buy the iPhone from Apple that's coming out next year.

I.SO.WILL.HAVE.THAT.PHONE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com