March 9, 2008

Elections. What else?

The news that everyone's talking about left, right and centre is about the Elections results.

And Oh My God, they were shocking. Drama EVERYWHERE!

Actually, shocking doesn't even begin to describe how everyone felt once the results came out.

And it's like news everywhere. I even found this article on Time.com about the election results. I guess it definitely means something when your country's election makes news on sites like these.

To me, the most shocking part was when I woke up this morning and found out that even Selangor has fallen into the opposition's hands.

It was like there was a total revolution.


And it totally proved that the elections this time around is fair. I mean it's unexpected, but fair.

And I think that most people that voted for the opposition were not supporting the opposition, but it was more like they're just voting AGAINST BN.

I was looking around the other day and I thought that the country looked like an absolute warzone with flags hanging everywhere.

I guess I wasn't that far off the mark.

The election was definitely like a warzone.

I was quite baffled when I found out that around 22,000 people actually voted in the Bukit Antarabangsa state seat. I didn't know there were that many people here in BA that would actually vote. That was shocking, too.

Now that I think about it, I am actually thankful that I can't vote yet. Because seriously, if I were to make a decision on who I was going to vote for, I would have absolutely no idea because right now, I just feel like an outsider, looking in.

Maybe by the time the next election comes, I'll be ready.

Here's to the future of Malaysia.

What a scary thought.

1 comment:

  1. al. tell me about it. i am shocked like hell when my friend informed bout the results. owh n apparently, The Australian's today headline is about our country. our country made the headline! siap ade gmbr paklah n izzah lg!

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com