March 1, 2008

Guilty pleasures can be bad for your health. seriously.

I went to see the Backstreet Boys on Wednesday.

And I actually enjoyed myself, despite what happened after the show. Story below.
It was in Sunway, and the ticket was just RM88, and since i was already in Monash, I was like, "Why not?" I mean, if they come next time, the might be down to just like 3 people. Hahaha.

So anyways, it was really like a guilty pleasure / walk-down-memory-lane sort of thing because I was too young to go last time, and I was like thinking you know, let me go just ONCEEEE in my life to a BSB concert. I screamed my lungs out because they sang a lot of their old songs and found out that most of the people there were people my age.

And I got to stand like somewhere near stage. If only they didn't have a barrier between us and the mosh pit. Blargh.

And so, my childhood dream has come true. Hahaha.

I didn't get good pictures, though. But luckily I have a tall saviour in the form of Anis. She kept on taking videos the whole night and some turn out really nice. I might just post them up later.


Oh, I also got to meet up with my old friend from school who I remembered as a really HUGE BSB fan. I was just thinking about her during the concert when she tapped my shoulder and said Hi. I was like "Oh My God". I'm psychic. Mwahahahaha.


So anyways, after the concert, I was happily heading towards the entrance to Sunway Lagoon when something happened after the concert that made me lose my slippers that i just bought last Saturday. Roar.


The story goes like this:

After the concert, Anis and I got on the escalators. We had to go up like 4 levels to get back to where we parked, which is inside Sunway Pyramid, so there were like 4 sets of escalators that we needed to take. So anyways, at each level obviously there was one escalator that was going down, while another one was going up. So the sunway people actually set up both escalators to ascend since obviously nobody was heading down towards the park anymore.
This is the part where it got strange.

After we got past one level, we all found out that only one of the escalators were moving, and the other one is stationary. I guess some people were waiting for the stationary one to move and because of that people coming up on the previous escalator bumped into the people in front. It was quite scary because the landing between the two sets of escalators is really small and people kept on coming while only less people are going up.

So during the commotion, I managed to get onto the moving escalator and I was looking down, trying to find Anis, when suddenly, the escalator stopped for like a second, and then it STARTED GOING DOWN. FAST.

My heart was in my throat at that time. I remembered everyone started falling down. There were loads of screaming and shouting. Scary visions like getting my foot stuck at the escalator was going through my mind. And that was when I lost my slipper.

Suddenly, the escalator stopped.

The moment that escalator became stationary, people just ran for their lives up the escalator. I saw heels being left behind on the steps. People were just moving and moving, running, trying to get up as soon as possible before anything else happened. Everyone was scared. It was quite chaotic. I took off my shoe and ran up the stairs. I couldn't care less if my feet got dirty. I just knew I had to get away from those freaky moving stairs ASAP.

I was so glad I didn't get injured. But when I managed to reach the top, I saw one guy who had to be carried because he got injured when the escalator went bonkers.

Anis was just laughing because she wasn't on that freaky escalator and she only had to watch us.

I felt like strangling her. Badly.

So basically, I had to walk barefooted back to the car. Ick.

Luckily I got an extra pair of shoes inside my car.

And so, like Cinderella, I have one shoe to remind me of what happened that night.

Unlike Cinderella though, there is no happy ending for me. Grrr.

Oh, I was also forced to change one of my units because there was this unit that is only available every Semester 1 (Feb-June) and I can't fit it into my Sem 1 next year, so I had to take this unit this year. Anyway, let's name this unit Unit B.

So I was happily going for the lecture on Unit B on Monday when during the lecture, the lecturer dropped a bombshell and said that we have to take Unit A concurrently with Unit B, or prior to Unit B. WTF????

I was planning on taking Unit A next semester, since we weren't told beforehand that these two units come hand-in-hand.

So after the lecture I became frantic because I so did not want to be stuck with a class on Friday. I quickly dashed to the library to use the computers to reallocate myself.

I did get stuck with a class on Friday at the beginning, but then I managed to get a class on Monday.

Phew.

Thank God.

Oh, and I got a new phone!

My dad has been promising to be me a new phone ever since his Dopod K.O-ed and he needed my iPaq. And it just so happened that my dad has collected a lot of points by using his credit card that he managed to redeem two phones, one for me and the other one for Anis.



And so I got the Nokia 5610 phone, which I am absolutely in love with! =)

Oh, I also went bowling, for the first time EVER in my life at Berjaya Times Square with my ex-colleagues. They insisted on me going. Funny. And I sucked during the first game, but I got better during the second game. I didn't get a strike, though. I would love to go bowl again. It's fun!

I also want to go for archery in Sunway, go hunt down the ATV place in Kemensah, and find a time and place to play paintball.

Wow. I sound like a sport junkie.

So not Alia.

Now, I think I am going to buy another pair of shoes to compensate for my losing those green slippers because at this moment, I have no comfy shoes for Uni and I am in dire need of some comfortable shoes because I refuse to wear heels to Monash and my old shoes are not fit for people to see.

Okay, all these talk has made me sleepy.

I'm gonna call it a night. Good night!

1 comment:

  1. babe!! u didnt tell me there was a guy injured. dat must be one horrific scene. urghh. n u got urself a new phone!! da phone i like 2! wohoo. use da phone to take pic of dat cute waiter at sakura quick!! LOL

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com