March 18, 2010

Cameron

We came back from Cameron two days ago.

And it was soooo nice up there cause the weather is so cool as compared to KL.

To put it into perspective, I was reading the newspaper today and I saw the weather forecast for Kl and Cameron. The minimum temperature for Cameron was 16C and the maximum was 24C, but in KL the MINIMUM was 24C and the temperature peaks at 33C.

So yeah, you can imagine how cold it is up there as compared to KL.

I miss Cameron already. =(

We stayed at this hotel called Hotel De La Ferns. Basically our room is one huge room that has a door seperating the two sides of the room.

Our hotel room.

It was nice and spacious enough for the eight of us. Slight problem we had was that there was only ONE TOILET.

Can you just imagine? EIGHT of us sharing ONE toilet? Now that's an adventure. Lol.

The first night there we had steamboat at the hotel and it was soooo good. I love eating steamboat in Cameron because you tend not to sweat while eating. Lol.

At the steamboat dinner

The hotel at night. Quite nice right? =)

And we also did the typical Rose Valley, Butterfly Farm, tea plantation and Strawberry Park routine while we were there.


This is apparently a Black Rose. I see nothing black about it. Lol.

Apparently when I smile you can't see my eyes. It's quite obvious isn't it from the picture above that it's a family trait!

At the tea plantation:

Other random scenery pics:

Too lazy to write descriptions for the pictures. LOL.

Oh, one of the best things that I did when I was there was going for a walk with my dad and Anis to the Tanah Rata town, which was 2 km away from the hotel. We went there for breakfast and to catch the sunrise.

The walk was soooo nice cause it was so cold that when I exhale, I could see my breath forming a mist. Lol.

And I seriously thought that I was gonna DIE when we walked back up to the hotel cause basically it was a mostly uphill climb for 2 km.

But surprisingly it was okay. Took us twenty minutes to walk back up to the hotel.

And we still had some energy, so we decided to continued walking past the hotel and go around the nearby golf course.

So all in all, I walked around EIGHT KILOMETRES that morning.

That will never happen in KL. I would pass out of dehydration before I can complete 5 km because I'll be sweating too much.

I hope I can go up Cameron again in the near future so that I could do some more walking!

I can't believe I just stated that line. Lol.

Pretty sunrise. =)

The row of (closed) shops at Tanah Rata. Lol. It was early in the morning, so no surprise the shops were closed.

Anis and I during breakfast at the mamak in Tanah Rata. Apparently Anis said I looked very Japanese in the picture. I don't see it though. Nampak bulat ada la.

The trek back up to the hotel. It does look somewhat scary, doesn't it?

We met this dog with her pups when we were near our hotel. The babies were soooo adorable. I wished I could hold the dogs. And they actually trailed us all the way back to the hotel and we were so sad cause we couldn't do/give anything to them. =(

So that pretty much wraps up the Cameron post.

Oh yeah, I saw this billboard quite a few times already:


And it was so strange to me to see a billboard with the Monash logo on it that on our way back I told my siblings to look out for the billboard and when we spotted it, my dad actually stopped by the side of the road just so I could take a picture of the billboard.

Having a picture proof of the billboard doesn't make it any less stranger though. It's still weird seeing this on a highway. Lol.

Okay. I've ran out of things to say. Hahahaha.

Nite everyone! =)



No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com