March 13, 2010

Run away. Run far, far away.

I got this email from my Internship Coordinator, Ms Adlina, sometime earlier this week:

Hi Alia,

It’s Ms Adlina here, from the Internship and Volunteerism Program, how are you doing? I would like to invite you to share with us your experience of your internship with BDO Binder which we would like to publish in our School website. Basically, it’s just to write a very brief description –in your own words - on how your internship helped/assisted/added value to your learning at Monash University. We also want to take a snapshot photo of you.

I was absolutely petrified because:

a) I don't think I have anything nice to say about my internship other than maybe something along the lines of "Doing an internship in BDO Binder or any other audit firm is highly recommended for students before they decide to pursue auditing in the long-term as they would be able to gain first-hand experience on the torture of being an auditor."

When I told Liyana about the email, she told me "You, me and Sham should go see Ms. Adlina and bombard her with reasons on why we don't have any positive experience in BDO".

I totally agree with her plan because frankly I don't think being at BDO taught me anything that's worth remembering other than that should I have my own company or become CFO/CEO /some other Senior Management position of some company (oh yes, I dream big. And I set these ridiculous benchmarks for myself. Lol.), I'll make sure that whenever a transaction is done, proper documentation would be there and proper authorisation is given so that it'll make my life easier and the auditor's life easier.

Oh, BDO also taught me that Monash is the place where I belong and that I was right when I said auditing's not for me.

b) I don't want my face to be on the school's website. I don't look good in pictures. -_-

So yes, I am seriously considering politely declining Ms Adlina's offer of being on the school website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com