March 22, 2010

Monday blues. NOT. =)

WEEK 4 IN MONASH ALREADY.

OMG. Time flew so fast. =/

Oh, today was a funny day in class and at work.

And now I realised now why I absolutely adore my lecturer for this semester. it's because he's so genuine.

Like last week, we're learning VBA for Microsoft Excel. Basically we'll be learning how to do programming with codes like this:


(Yeah, as much as it scares me, I can actually understand that. Psycho. Lol.)

So anyways, like I was saying, while we were learning about how to go about using the VBA for our programming, my lecturer said that we won't be doing stuff that are too complicated simply because (and I quote): "I don't know how to do it".

It's nice when the lecturer admits that they don't know stuff. Makes them more human.

Plus, if something's too hard for the lecturer means it's too hard for us students, right? Hehehe.

And in lecture this morning, he was saying something along the lines of "Sometimes people like to overthink when there's always an easy solution to a problem."

How true.

Oh, and at work today, my senior, John was telling me about a conversation he had with our supervisor, Dr. Santha (who has taught me a couple of time these past three years). [We also have another supervisor, Prof Mahendhiran, who used to teach me too].

So anyways, John was telling Dr. Santha that I'm quite efficient at the work that he has given me these past two weeks. He also told Dr. Santha that he was having problems in doing prediction and forecasting for some data. And then Dr. Santha told him "Alia's one of our best students. Ask for her assistance. I'm sure she'll figure something out" or something along that line la.

OMG. Total hidung kembang moment for a while okay that my lecturer has so much faith in me. I was just grinning like an idiot for like two minutes.

And then when John gave me the data to work on, I realised that I had to look at my last year's notes, which just so happen to be at home, so I basically didn't have any references to help me manipulate the data.

Oh yeah. Not so brilliant now are you, Alia?

But I'm still happy with the fact that I get along with most of my lecturers and that they remember me. Makes my studying environment so much more conducive.

What a nice way to start a week, knowing that people think positively of you. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com