March 1, 2010

Hello March. It's a pleasure to meet you. =)

Today was the first day back to uni. =)

And I didn't know just how much I've missed being in Monash until I parked my car in the parking lot and stepped into the uni compound.

It amazed me how alien, yet familiar, the place felt like.

And it's amazing that I was actually really EXCITED to go back to classes.

But then again, after doing auditing, doing anything else definitely feels more exciting. Lol.

So anyways, went for my first class for the ONLY unit I'm taking this sem (it's still so weird saying that!) and when I went into the class, saw that I knew half of the people in the class, so it was like a mini-reunion for us. So happy to know that there are some people that I can go to for help should I not understand the assignment. Lol.

And when our lecturer (who I have known since I was in my first year back in '07) started talking about probabilities and optimum value in decision making and what functions to use in Excel, I seriously felt that in that one hour of lecture, I've used more of my brain capacity than when I was doing auditing for three months.

Yeah, doing Econometrics is challenging and can sometimes be a pain in the ass, and I'm pretty sure I'll start complaining soon enough, but weird person that I am, I seriously prefer doing this to auditing for the simple reason that as difficult as this unit is going to be, IT MAKES SENSE TO ME.

So yeah, totally not missing auditing.

Anyways, after my class, I went to see another lecturer of mine (who so happens to be the Deputy Head of School) to ask him about the possibility of being a Research Assistant since I have so much free time this sem.

So I think there's a BIG possibility that I'll soon be a part-time Research Assistant if nothing goes wrong.

Best part of the work? I'll only be working 20 hours a week! =D

AND I have a feeling the pay's gonna be more than my 50-hour week in BDO.

AND there's a possibility that I might be able to go for trips to rural areas to collect data by interviewing people. Which would so help my interaction skills since I suck at interacting with strangers. Lol.

This semester looks like it's starting on a bright note. Hopefully it'll stay that way. =)

Oh, on a totally different note, and just cause I can (and cause I like this picture and less people will see it here as compared to me putting it up on fb. Lol.):


This pic was taken during our trip down to PD where I totally surprised him with my knowledge of PD. Yep, those random trips I've taken down to PD has really made me an expert on the places to go to when you're in PD!


I have gone down to PD so many times that I can tell you how much the toll would cost if you took the highway.

Yes, it is scary.

And I am definitely available as a tour guide for anyone who wants to go down to PD. I charge by the hour, thank you very much. Lol.

PS: I've finally managed to import the old blog to this new one. I'm sooo happy cause the posts are all here now!!!! =D

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com