April 14, 2010

Cars!

My boyfriend said this to me yesterday,

"You haven't blogged in three days."

So I'm dedicating this post to him just so he knows that I do have a new post.

Happy now? :p


The other day while I was in the car with Anis she told me this,

"Do you know that there's a Mercedes car that uses a joystick instead of a steering wheel for steering the car around?"

And the only thought in my head was "Heh?"

So I tried googling the car and found out that the car was a Mercedes concept car called the SCL600.


It's a nice concept, but so impractical because the joystick is in the middle, between the driver and passenger seats. Oh wait. Maybe it's driver-driver seats then cause both of the people sitting in front can theoretically drive the car. Possible problems that I can foresee should this concept car come into production:

  • Users will probably have neck pains most of the time because they'd be craning their necks to judge how to overtake the cars in front while simultaneously trying to steer the car. Oh yeah. Utter joy.
  • And oh, apparently the car DOES NOT come with pedals, so I have no idea how you're supposed to brake or accelerate
  • side-parking, which is already somewhat torturous now even with steering wheels, is gonna be total hell using the joystick
  • Ironically, I think there would be no joy in driving a car using a joystick. Even back when I was playing Midtown madness on my PC last time, if the steering wheel was broken, I'd rather use the keyboard than the joystick to drive my car around because frankly, using a joystick is so difficult when it comes to driving.
  • And it still bugs me to no end that the controls are in the middle. I mean, even a pilot who has a joystick-looking thing in his cockpit has the controls right in front of him, NOT in the middle between him and the co-pilot (oh, slightly off-topic, I found out why a cockpit is called a cockpit HERE).

Oh, random fact of the day: apparently Beyonce can't drive. Hahaha.

Oh, and my dad was asking me the other day whether I could still drive a manual car.

And then I looked at him straight in the eyes and said,

"Papa, the last time I drove a manual car was during my JPJ test 5 years ago."

So yes, I do think that if I were to drive a manual car now, I'll be very panicky.

Plus we don't have any manual cars at home.

How I wish my dad didn't sell off his MR2.

3 comments:

  1. lol Alia, I just have to comment on this.

    1. concept cars with joystick ( called drive-by-wire) doesnt need pedals to drive the car. Brakes, accelerators and steering the cars is all done within the joystick itself.

    2. these kind of cars can side park automatically.

    3. and yeahhh, I shall stick to having normal steering wheel and gear lever when comes to cars. :D

    if you think this is futuristic enough, have you seen the latest beemers and their interiors? You will definately go wow woman. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susu,

    1. I love those pedals thing and they want to ROB ME OFF it? Nuh-uh. F1 cars, fine. Normal cars, no.

    2. Side-park automatically? Are you sure it's feasible in Malaysia where people park tend to NOT park properly?

    3. Of course you should! Joysticks should be just for games. Lol.

    Beemers are prettttttyyyyyyyyyy. But futuristic cars aren't my thing la. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. in malaysia, VW Tiguan, Benz B-Class has the option.

    But side park in malaysia? srsly boleh gelak lar.

    p.s. - love those pedals too. Drive by wire is a big NO for me. Even in future. Come on lar, a car shud be a car. I still prefer engines over a hybrid car. :D

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com