April 14, 2010

Fate.

The weirdest thing happened to me today.

I sat in the Monash library just now while I was waiting for Anis to finish her class.

So there I was, sitting on the red couch, talking to Idris and Engku, when one of the Biotech girls came over to join us.

I usually don't talk to them not cause I'm sombong or what, but just because I don't know them and sometimes I'm not good at making conversations with strangers.

So she was chit-chatting with Engku and Idris and then out of the blue she asked me, "Alia, you duduk kat Keramat kan?"

And I was like "Yeahhhh.........."

Obviously I was a bit confused when she asked me that.

After that she asked me, "Dulu masa tadika you kat Tadika Capital kan?"

Not a lot of people knew where I went to kindergarten, so THAT was definitely a bit freaky.

And then she continued "I dulu sama tadika dengan you. You were one of my closest friends masa tu"

My jaw just dropped. I was completely rendered speechless.

I seriously for the life of me can't remember who she is (and I feel so bad for that), but here is this girl who actually remembers me from SIXTEEN YEARS AGO.

I was befuddled.

And the strangest thing is that she actually recognised me from the first day she came to Monash.

The thing is, I highly doubt I look the same as when I was six.

It's just amazing to me that this person actually recognises me, remembers my name AND remembered where I used to live at that time.

Wow.

And there you have it, just when I thought life couldn't get any stranger, fate comes and smacks me right in the face.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com