April 23, 2010

Opportunities.

I'm using Anis's laptop right now to check something out (she gave me permission to use the laptop while she's out, so not using this illegally. Lol.).

Today my dad was asking me what do I want to do once I'm done with Monash.

I said, "I don't know."

And then he was asking me, "Where do you see yourself in ten years?"

And I told him what I thought, "A CEO of a company. Or to be in a job that pays me more than RM10k a month"

I have not slaved my way through Monash these past three years just to be contented with getting a measly paying job.

I KNOW what I'm capable of, and I am so capable of climbing up that corporate ladder.

So I was having this conversation with Tisha cause we're both quite lost on what we want to do once we finish our last semester in Monash, and then she told me about THIS.

And I felt like this is something that I might enjoy doing.

And if you do get chosen apparently the pay is around RM3,000, which is so much more than what I'll get if I do auditing.

And if you do really well then you can be absorbed permanently into one of the departments and get fast-tracked.

For an impatient person like me, this program is VERY attractive.

And then i read about THIS program.

Wow the HSBC one is even more attractive. I can't believe they might send the trainees to the UK for the training program. And on top of the RM3,ooo they're paying you, there's a possibility of getting RM1,000 to RM1,500 of allowance!!!

So yes, I am seriously contemplating these options right now.

But I'm scared of the presentations that we have to do to get short-listed cause I might just screw that up badly.

I HATE PRESENTATIONS. T_________________________T

Ohhhh, and I looked at the Robert Walter Salary Survey for 2010 and some CFOs can get up to RM40k per month. Wow.

I will earn that much one day. Just wait and see. =)

3 comments:

  1. I've planned to apply @ cimb, management trainee. heard they train their trainees to their bones. awesome. and I think u'd love this kind of hectic-ness and excitement :) since nw I wanna do masters first, later lah. you try first then tell me all about it kkkk :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. and alia, all the best!

    I'm not going to wish you good luck cos for you, no need luck, you have what it takes ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks KB! I do need some luck still you know. Lol.

    Oh, I do love hectic stuff!!! I am definitely planning on trying for the program just to see how far I can go for. If i can go all the way, even better. =)

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com