April 27, 2010

Just my luck.

Yesterday was a day that so tested my nerves.

I got my first pay cheque after six weeks of working and I was grinning from ear-to-ear cause my pay was sooooo much more than I expected.

And I've calculated that the amount I'm getting per hour doing the RA job was MORE THAN THREE TIMES the amount per hour that I was getting in BDO.

And I've come to the realisation that I could make almost the same amount as my boyfriend is getting now if I worked full-time. Lol.

So of course when the class finished my first priority was to bank-in the cheque.

And then the stupid cheque deposit machine at the CIMB bank REJECTED my cheque.

The cheque would literally bounce back into my hand every time I tried putting it in.

My best friend, who was standing beside me, was flabbergasted because it only happened to me. Everyone else could deposit their cheques just fine.

So we had to put the cheque in this manual cheque deposit machine and I prayed so hard that the cheque would be cleared properly.

(Checked my account balance this morning and saw that the cheque was cleared. Thank God.)

After having lunch in Sunway, I had to send the car to Anis. Went into her college for a while cause I wanted to buy a cheap laptop sleeve cause I am sick of carrying my laptop in a sling-bag or backpack every time I have to lug the laptop around.

Bought the bag as quickly as possible because i wanted to catch the bus from Sunway College to Monash.

But just my luck, while I was walking towards the bus stop, THE BUS ZOOMED PAST ME.

Haih.

So I ended up walking towards Monash (which isn't so far away from Anis' college) AT 1 PM with the sun glaring above me.

Oh and did I mention that I was also wearing a black top?

And then later when Liyana's boyfriend picked both of us up, we went to have a drink at the nearby Medan in Sunway while we were waiting for some documents that Liyana's bf wanted to copy.

I've been wanting to have some peanut-butter waffles for some time, so I was happy when we ended up at Medan cause they sold those.

So i happily went to the stall to order.

And then the person said the waffles mix was finished.

WHAT THE HELL.

Oh yeah, to complete my total FML day, my doorknob has been jammed for close to a week, so I can't open my door and I've had to get in and out of my room through Anis's room everyday (Thank God our rooms are connected cause we share a toilet).

So anyways, when I got back home, saw that my door was no longer closed shut, but now I HAD NO DOORKNOB, so where last week my door was perpetually locked, now it is perpetually ajar cause it just can't be shut.

So yeah, FML.

But I found a stopper to shut my door cause I know it would be SO difficult to get some privacy if my room's door is always open.

And if it's always open I can't exactly turn on the air-cond in the room. And I need all the cool air I can get with the weather being what it is right now.

Oh, last night while I was having dinner with the boyfriend, we decided to play Gin for a while cause he was annoyed that I've beaten him last time we played.

We played 11 games, and I won 7 out of those. Mwahahahahahaha.

He said I was just lucky, but considering the crappy day I had, I felt like I deserve that luck.

Plus I'm better at Gin than he is anyways. Lol.

So it wasn't such a bitter ending to a somewhat unlucky day.

PS: I'm currently reading a book called Book of Souls by Glenn Cooper. It's totally occupying my time right now even though I'm supposed to be studying for my test next week. Lol.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com