November 24, 2009

Curses.



Warning: if you never heard about the Italian Man Who Went to Malta, this might be a bit vulgar. Seriously.

This particular clip is sooo funny though. I've heard the audio clip before, but I've never actually seen this video, and it is so hilarious cause it goes so well with the audio clip.

But what really shocked me is the fact that Zara has seen this video, AND that it was shown by her friend AND that these little girls actually understood the whole thing.

I'm not really trying to be a prude, but I really don't think that 8-year-old girls should be watching this. I really don't like the fact that these kids are getting exposed to things like this at such a young age. I mean, I didn't even know what the F-word meant until I was 11.

I didn't even know that the word Bitch existed until I was in Standard 6 and my English teacher was comparing the words that are used to describe female and male animals, and when she asked "What do you call a female dog? It's a bad word", the words just drew blank stares from us.

Even when she said "Bitch! A female dog is a B-I-T-C-H!" in exasperation, the innocent kids that we were just stood staring at her. I know most of us were thinking at the time "Why is the word bad?"

So yeah, even though times has changed, I still don't think it's appropriate for someone her age to actually understand what those words actually mean. I try not to curse in front of her (and God knows how hard it is for me to stop cursing when I'm at the wheel) just because I don't think it's appropriate for someone like her to hear all those bad words (fine, it's not appropriate for ANYONE to hear such words coming out from my mouth. LOL.).

And I just wonder, am I just being overly protective in trying to preserve her innocence? Suddenly I feel like a mother who's losing her child to the world. Haih.

The world nowadays scare me. I really don't want my children later to grow up understanding these words at such a young age. ='(

Maybe I should think of that the next time I feel like cursing.

GOSH DARN IT. Lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com