November 15, 2009

Nostalgia.


Cute, right? =) I think i must have been about seven/eight months old at that time.

I went over to my grandparents house today because they wanted to give me old pictures that they found of us back when we were younger. My parents loved taking pictures of Anis and I back when we were younger so that they could send it back to the grandparents. Lol. So the first picture my grandmother showed me was this particular picture, which was nicely in a frame because it was quite a huge picture. I was caught speechless looking at it and my grandfather teased me and said "Look at how pretty you WERE in that picture".

Thanks Tok Ayah. I feel so much better now. Really I do.

But I love this picture!!!! It's now being proudly displayed on my bedside table. Hehehe.

So my aunt and I were going through the pictures and we went "Oooohhhh" and "ahhhh" at most of them while my grandma were narrating the events in the pictures.

Until she came across something that almost made me had a heart attack.

It was a picture TWO pictures of MY DAD BATHING ME. Granted, I was like a month old in the picture, but oh my God, I did not need a picture of my naked baby body shown to the world. So while my grandma was proudly talling my aunt and my grandfather "See this? Which father would actually bathe their baby daughters?", I was just mortified by the fact that I have NAKED BABY PICTURES.

And then, as if THAT wasn't mortifying enough, my grandfather actually said this, "Alia, maybe you should ask your papa why he doesn't bathe his daughter anymore." What the hell. -__-

Even if that was a joke, it didn't make it any less mortifying.

But what I found really interesting was that behind some of the pictures, either my mum and dad would scribble some narrations for the pictures. Like in these pictures below, they wrote:

"Having a dip in Ullswater Lake in the Lake District"

"Alia has acquired her Papa's love for cars. Here, she'll stay by any car parked in our driveway to have a peep at the activities inside." (BTW, I'm not that fascinated with cars nowadays. Lol.)

"Taken in May, 1989 at 71, Beatty Avenue"

"Taken in Feb, 1991. Anis is two months old here"

"Photo taken in March, 1991. Anis is 3 months old. Her eyes are a light shade of brown, and she now has a bubbly chuckle." I look so bored in this picture. Lol.

I love looking at the baby pictures cause it was so funny to see how extroverted I was back when I was a toddler. Lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com