November 15, 2007

I had a busy day today.

I sent Anis to her friend's house to study because her paper only started at two o'clock. We went for breakfast at a mamak stall before that.

After that, I went to Monash because I had to go to the Business School to ask them to help me in re-enrolling for next year because I couldn't do it online. I'm actually quite annoyed with the Monash system because some units are pre-requisites to other units, so you can't enrol into a unit unless you've already passed the pre-req units. And you won't know if you've passed until the day the results come out, which is on the 30th. Problem is, we have to re-enrol by the 26th, which means that that you might not meet the requirements for the units that you want to take. So it's quite stupid la the system. And if you enrol lambat, you have to pay a RM 100 fine.

Gedik betul.

I just realised that I so have a love-hate relationship with Monash. I love it sometimes, but other times I'm damn pissed.

I felt like buying jambu air after I picked Anis up from school. I don't know why, but I've been addicted to jambu air (or water apple, if you may) since I had it during my Study Week in Monash. So we went to Great Eastern Mall cause I saw some really nice ones the other day (and since Anis wanted to go for a drive), but there weren't any good ones in Cold Storage. :-( I was disappointed, but then I got myself some popiah from the Crispy Popiah stall, which I am sort of addicted to. Usually I buy the popiah in Sunway Pyramid, but then I saw the stall in Great Eastern last week and got so happy because now I can satisfy my craving whenever I want to....mwahahaha. The popiah is sooooo yummy! I've managed to convert Anis into a fan, too!


Anyways, I've just finished helping my parents in amending an agreement for this Russian guy to rent my dad's house, which means that we won't have to move into that house next year. Yay! I think I talked about the house in
this post. I had to help my parents because they need to sign the agreement by tomorrow and since I:

a) am without a job to do since I've finished exams,
b) have an access to a computer and
c) have an access to the printer

...I was roped into helping my parents into amending the draft.

So anyways, when I was helping my mum with the agreement, the Business Law student in me actually understood all the things that were mentioned in the agreement. And when I saw this line in the contract:

26. The provisions of the Agreement cannot be changed orally.

The Business Law student in me thought, "Huh, the parol evidence rule applies in this contract." Lame, I know. But I couldn't help it! I guess I got excited because what I learnt is actually practicable in real life.

But you know what's interesting about the tenant of the house? The house is huge, yea, because it has like 5 bedrooms. The guy renting the place doesn't have his family with him, and the reason why he wanted to rent the house was because it is spacious and he can entertain a lot of guests in the house. Funny thing is, he's not even going to live in the house because he's living in an apartment right now and doesn't feel like living in the house. Basically he's going to pay the rent just to keep the house vacant! I was shocked when I heard my mum said that. But we're happy that someone is actually renting the house, because we won't have to move now! I think moving houses will be such a headache because my siblings are all settled in their schools.

I think I wrote too much already. Don't know what else to say anymore.

Oh, I still want my jambu air.

2 comments:

  1. The russian guys is so mysterious..you better equipped the house with cctv!..

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay you're not moving!!! =D

    oh, and yeah, the russian guy DOES seem like he's up to something.. hmm..

    heheh ;)

    and yeah, weener, you were pretty lame for 'understanding' the contract bcuz im sure a big majority of ppl our age dont understand most of 'contract language' (including yours truly here). but it's wickedly cool that you're able too, in fact, bcuz of the same reason. ^_^

    lame ppl, geeks, dorks and the likes are, after all, the definition of the new cool ;D

    8)

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com