November 23, 2007

Passport!

I went and made my passport today for the trip to Hong Kong. Scratch that. My five siblings and I made our passports today for our trip to Hong Kong.

Can you just imagine how chaotic it was for my mum to make the passports for the kids since everyone is below 18 except for me? Anis is only turning 17 the day we come back from Hong Kong.

I dunno why, but the immigration officer behind the counter gave my mum a special number that I think is reserved for senior citizens and other special people because even though I had to do mine first (and separately from everyone else since I didn't need any guardian consent), the kids got their passports first. So instead of me waiting for them, everyone ended up having to wait for me. Geez.

By the way, the said officer was a bit rude and was snappy and looked like he only got three hours of sleep last night. What's pretty ironic is the fact that he's wearing this badge that says "Service with a smile". Service with a smile my butt la!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know what's funny? I have never, and I mean never, left this country since I came back here from Newcastle as a 5-year-old back in 1993. So in my old passport, there are these two photos: one black-and-white photo of this cute little baby (hehehehehehe) that was taken in 1989, and another one of this smug looking 5-year-old girl, taken the year i came back. Anis' old passport had this picture of a 2-year-old sweet-looking girl.

So, since the last time we used the passports were in 1993, it means that Anis and I have not left this country to go anywhere overseas for FOURTEEN.LONG.YEARS. Wow.

I dunno which tempurung I have been lying under for the past 14 years.

It kinda depresses me that I can't even remember the last time I used my passport.

I will make sure that I WILL USE MY NEW PASSPORT UNTIL THERE ARE NO MORE PAGES LEFT.

I don't care how, I don't care when. I WILL USE IT.

And there's nothing anyone can do to stop me. Unless I don't have the money to travel la. Which will probably be the case. *sighs*

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com